RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, was more complicated than I thought had to take apart the entire headlight to get into the inside and then drill 4 holes and use clear picture hanger wire to mount the halo but over all I'm satisfied and it only cost me $50.00 instead of buying an entire new head light so saved a ton of money..

What do you guys think ?

·
Premium Member
7,759 Posts
It looks neat however how does it affect your visibility at night and secondly is it legal?

·
Registered
350 Posts
Great idea and mod. I like it.
It is however illegal to run red and/or blue lights in many states, if not all the states.

Is that an LED main bulb in the headlight?
If so, how does it compare to the stock light bulb?

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks cool but will get you in trouble with the guys in blue.
In my state only if the red or blue colors are flashing can get you pulled over.

Shorai LFX18A1-BS12
It looks neat however how does it affect your visibility at night and secondly is it legal?
Looks cool but will get you in trouble with the guys in blue.
Doesn't effect visibility at all !
I'll show you a shot of it tonight.

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Great idea and mod. I like it.
It is however illegal to run red and/or blue lights in many states, if not all the states.

Is that an LED main bulb in the headlight?
If so, how does it compare to the stock light bulb?
That is a HID Conversion bulb that came with a little inverter pack. The difference is INSANE I can see so far now compared to the yellow old headlight.
Only hard part was getting the Inverter seated behind the head light so that the headlamp can be flush , because everything is so jammed inside our headlights as it is.
Here is some pictures of how bright it is and it also included high beam that is insane bright also.

·
Registered
350 Posts
That is a HID Conversion bulb that came with a little inverter pack. The difference is INSANE I can see so far now compared to the yellow old headlight.
Only hard part was getting the Inverter seated behind the head light so that the headlamp can be flush , because everything is so jammed inside our headlights as it is.
Here is some pictures of how bright it is and it also included high beam that is insane bright also.

View attachment 249434 View attachment 249435

Oh wow....That is really awesome.
I work nights and coming home at 1am in the morning, a few miles of road that I drive do not have street lights and that would be a " Well worth it upgrade" due falling into the Safety category.

If you can remember, which conversion kit did you get?

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I work nights and coming home at 1am in the morning, a few miles of road that I drive do not have street lights and that would be a " Well worth it upgrade" due falling into the Safety category.

I'll see if I have the box in the garage normally keep everything and report back.

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Here is the kit I have installed direct plug and play.

·
Premium Member
464 Posts

·
Premium Member
464 Posts
Okay I looked at the link for the LED from CycleGear (actually have one in town 5 miles away) But what about the Halo ? How did you do that , did you drill “4 holes” and slide the halo tubes inside the light bucket ?
it’s a cool look

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Okay I looked at the link for the LED from CycleGear (actually have one in town 5 miles away) But what about the Halo ? How did you do that , did you drill “4 holes” and slide the halo tubes inside the light bucket ?
it’s a cool look
I'll write up instructions on how to install the halo for you if you'd like best that I can.

·
Registered
350 Posts
I can’t remember or find the thread where someone was asking about LED strip lights installed on the tank and such. I promised I would upload some photos of what I did.

Red LED strips under the bottom gas tank edge and rear fender well and a blue LED Strip inside the AIS cover.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts