RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed The KromeWorks 1 3/4" HP baffels. I am not sure if I am going to like them. I thought the Ripsaws were too loud when I first installed them, but after all the attention and getting used to them, I really grown to love that high performance sound.

I Had some obsticals when installing them. Like the nuts and bolts that go through the pipe and the bafle. the problem is with the RipSaws end pipe. It over laps where the bolt goes through. the top pipe wasn't bad, all that i had to do was open the slot up and make it about a 1/4" longer on the endpipe flang so that it would slide through the bolt, then just tightend it down. But the bottome pipe I wasn't so lucky with the slot placement. It wasn't in the same location as the hole in the pipe so I had to drill a new one in the flange. If you do this, instead of just drilling a hole, make it into another slot, so that you can start the nut on the bolt with the end pipe out of the way, then slip it over the pipe and throught the bolt.

I started it up and was noticably quieter, not a lot, but noticable. The thing is, I am doing this for my neighbors, well it is midnight and of cource I had to rap it out a few times. I am sure they loved that, hey its quieter!!!! Anyway, it has this whistle to it comming from the exaust now. I am not really sure that I like that!!!!

I guess I will have to wait until tomarrow and ride it to really determine if I really like it or not!

So for you guys out there that have the ripsaws and are thinking of getting bafles, Heads up to ya, there is no way that any bafles bought for these pipes just slap in and your done. You will have to do some drilling and cutting. Unless you just want to through them in there and let them rattle around, they won't be comming out with those bent end pipes!! LOL!!

I'll let ya know tomarrow what I think of the sound and seat of the pants. I am sure I will have to make some ECU adjustments again, also.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Instead of drilling you could have just put the screw in from the inside and tightened it up against the inside wall of the pipe. Just make sure you use a little Loc Tite.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Oh yeah and I don't like my Samson baffles either. They had to go. "F" the neughbors, they only hear her when she is warming up anyway.

·
Registered
3,938 Posts
Come on guys...I don't like the baffles either, but without them, I am not sure I like how the pipes sound anyway. I actually like the sound with the Samson Baffles. I did not put in any screws and they do not rattle. Those suckers are in there **** tight.

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
suppose i could have gone down to the hardware store and bought some bigger screws, but It was a little late!!

I didnt use Samson baffles, I am useing Krome works HP baffles. I am going to go ride it now. I will let ya know what i think, in these Ripsaws..

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, I think I am going to go back to wide open.. I like the sound much better. For some reason, I am getting this whistle sound. Sounds like a VW when idling! Pretty sure I gained some of my torque back, but compromised the quickness in the range that I use the most, which is 45-90mph. Yea, I like to launch, but really, I could launch just as hard in at higher rmp. Torque,, it is nice if you want to launch from an almost stall condition. I think it is a bit overratted, torque that is. the bike just seams quicker over all, with the exaust wide open.. PLUS, I like it loud!! Didn't think that i would, but having it that way for a while, I have grown to love that sound!!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts