RS Warrior Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Installed the Krank Vent, took about 45 minutes getting the tank off, etc. Took it for about an 8 mile ride then pulled off in the mall parking lot. No more oil seeping at the base of the push rod tube!!!!

Aside from the chugging sound coming from the end of the hose ( I will be getting a longer hose this weekend) the KV works great. I can tell throttle response is a "tad" better and the engine seems to be working at a more relaxed sound. I hear no difference in my exhaust tone as some other members have stated their exhaust sounded a little better.

The thing did what I bought it for; stopped the stupid oil leak.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, I only hear it at idel. Once moving, I don't hear it anymore.

Thanks Arizona!!! LOL

·
Registered
826 Posts
I tried to do search on this Krenkvent, but every thread I found was pretty old. They had links listed to other websites that are dead now. ET Performance website is in pretty bad shape and doesn't give much info; products link just says 'Coming soon'.

On my bike when I did DIY BAK I just put small vent filter on the crank hose, and it is spitting out oil quite a bit. So, my understanding is that if I install one of these KRANK VENTS this problem will be eliminated? Is this just a simple plug-in deal?

·
Premium Member
1,847 Posts
fake said:
Well, I only hear it at idel. Once moving, I don't hear it anymore.

Thanks Arizona!!! LOL
Do what REDHORSE did... install an air filter at the end. No more little farts at idle...

Make me a favor and take a screenshot with the KV install. I still have mines in the box, ready to be installed... I have to fill those long winter evenings with something, beside Internet.

Vladens, I got mines from ET Performance, one month ago. You need the METRIC KIT with 3/8" hose barbs (last one on page, $75.95).
What the krank vent does is eliminates the pressure buildup (when needed), while still creating a proper engine vacuum seal. That will stop your oil spitting. ET have a good product, pretty solid in quality (when you think how delicate is the inner valve).

When you install it, make sure you blow on one side to see if you got the proper flow direction...

The arrow on the vent is confusing, it makes you think the opposite. The old school method is best.

·
Administrator
5,909 Posts
You will still hear it at idle even with the little filter on the end.Mine has been under the seat for a good while and i'm just use to it. Iv'e thought about running a hose from the krankvent down towards the bottom of the bike but it's not a big deal. It's still better than the oil leaks.

·
Registered
101 Posts
buying my Krankvent today. Thanks for the info. As one of the other threads said that something about an $80 dollarvent that Yamaha didnt think they needed.....Well, the reason they didnt need it was they designed their original exhaust and AIS to work. its only when wemod things that we need $80 vents to offset what Yamaha had originally engineered.

Thanks for all the info.

Ride safe

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I finally went and bought 2 1/2 feet of hose and snaked the hose down by the rear wheel. I can't even hear the farts the krank vent makes now. I have to get under the bike to hear it farting.

·
Registered
101 Posts
so where does the vent exit? I am worried about oil striking the back tire. Should this even be a concern once the vent is on? Sorry for so many questions.

·
Registered
661 Posts
sfd353 said:
so where does the vent exit? I am worried about oil striking the back tire. Should this even be a concern once the vent is on? Sorry for so many questions.
Bump, doing mine soon. I had the same question!

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
sfd353 said:

It exits down by the rear shock. I bought a breather filter today and put it at the end of the hose. That way if it starts puking out oil, the filter will stop it from getting on my tire. I'll get some pics of that probably on friday.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Mine runs down the side of the fuse bucket and pokes out next to the swingarm. Oil does get on the swingarm a little, but it's not much, and I clean it off when I wash the bike.

·
Registered
101 Posts
all right fellas thanks for the heads up. Mine has a K&N filter on the end of the hose with the Baron's kit. I was planning on putting the Krank Vent on that hose, then running the tube down to the swing arm and placing the filter back on.

This forum rocks thanks for all of your help.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts