RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i have had the warrior for about 2months and have started the mods to make it my own, did away with the stock handlebars with risers and installed a set of r1 clip ons with the stock warrior controls, performed the flip and grind, and also installed a set of links from PCS,lowered the front end 3 inches, took off the windscreen, crashbar, fog lights, alarm, and the key fob system that was used to start it, went back to the original key, deleted the emblems off the tank, and started working on the new fiberglass rear fender, i’m in the process of converting the brake lines to the ones from an r1,here’s a before and after during my ride last week.

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Broke the warrior over the weekend racing against a Tesla and a gsxr, a very short light to light 3,500 rpm launch and the shift from 1st to 2nd broke the belt In half and sent it 10ft in the air, so the next mod is a chain conversion, but today’s mods were I finished the r1 brake line conversion, and relocated the dyna coils from the side of the bike to under the tank, I am also still working on the fiberglass rear.

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Finished the chain conversion, and started working the rear fender it’s 5 inches shorter and has a changed angle, started deleting the rear brake also here’s some pictures

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It’s mig welded on the bottom of the fender, it has bondo on the top of the fender that is cracking already, I have a painter to fix it properly, the bike is going to be black

·
Premium Member
7,615 Posts
One thing about fiberglass (polyester resin) is that it does not stick very well to metal. there are ways to help it adhere but with time cracks and lifting can occur. Epoxy resin used in fiberglass will stick better to metal however it is very cost prohibitive. Bondo usually sticks to metal quite well but the trick is not to lay it on very thick

·
Premium Member
8,382 Posts
Some interesting Mods you've accomplished ...

With front wheel travel of +5 1/4" I'm surprised you haven't creased the fender @ the bottom of the triple tree or brake lines. With the stock 3-pc hose it would probably hit.

FWIW the rear axle is 180* off. The flat on the axle should face the machined adjust plate (keeps the axle from rotating when torqued) but perhaps it's stripped by the previous owner.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
wow good eye alan h, i just put the axle in the way it was, the brake lines are from an R1did away with the stock 3pc set up, front fender doesn’t hit at all even on the ruffest bumps.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
how is the riding position with those R1 clip ons? and how does it handle with them? looks good.
a little bent over but not to bad, the riding position is better for me as with the stock handlebars with me leaning back it was hurting my back.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts