RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tonight I decided to get a little dirty and install my street sweepers. The pics arn't very good, because I took them at midnight, and the lighting in my garage isn't very good. But everybody likes pictures, so I figured what the ****. I haven't installed the tips yet, because honestly I can't figure out how. I posted in the technical sectionof the forum about that. I also was unable to completely install my brake reservior relocation bracket because the brake line looks like it needs to be shortened. I'm about to make a post about that. But here are the pics

Yeah, I know it looks like a mess. It is. But it's the dead of winter right now, and I can't ride until April. I have plenty of time to make it all come together. If you have street sweepers please respond to the question I posted in the technical forum. I'm stumped as to how to install the tips

a

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
You're missing the heat shield for the top portion of your rear pipe......is that why you ended up with 2 extra band clamps in your other post?

·
Registered
12 Posts
When I installed my streeet sweepers, I put the tips on before I put the heat shields on. I had a hard time getting them on so I used a screw driver to pry them open a little bit. I didn't want to open them up too much so I could still get the clamps on them. Once I had them started on the pipes I used a rubber mallet to get them the rest of way on. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
If you're looking for a cheap mod for your rear brake reservior look at the pics in my gallery. I bolted it to the top hole where the original long bracket was bolted. Make sure that you zoom in so you can see what I'm talking about.

By the way, mine are the ground pounders. Basically the same pipes with a different tip.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sharp said:
You're missing the heat shield for the top portion of your rear pipe......is that why you ended up with 2 extra band clamps in your other post?

Yeah, I didn't even realise it until you said it. I'm so frieken pissed. I'm calling samson when I get up on monday to see what they can do.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts