RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed the hefty pulley and rode around for two hours this morning and started hearing a loud whine sound on the freeway.

I took my time with the install so the only thing I can think if is the nylon rollers.

Heading home slowly since the belt looked like this. My mistake...... some threads said leave the nylon rollers on and some said take them off. Now i know they need to be removed lol. At least i am assuming that's what the sound was.

How does this belt look? It's not gouged, just slightly rubbed. Still good right?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
705 Posts
For sure take the rollers off. I’m not even sure how you got them back on! Would have been a super tight fit. As for the belt if it isn’t smashed all the way down I would assume it’s fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
For sure take the rollers off. I’m not even sure how you got them back on! Would have been a super tight fit. As for the belt if it isn’t smashed all the way down I would assume it’s fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well the rollers fit fine and rolled fine but I think got much tighter when on the ground possibly.

Im taking them off today

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah pulled the cover and the top roller completely seized. Lesson learned

·
Premium Member
3,536 Posts
Oh man I should have mentioned that....no rollers. Also make sure that the belt is tracking good. There should be zero rubbing. Also ride it again as it should be as silent as when it was stock/factory set up. I had my belt too tight the first time around where it would click a little when moving it around by foot power. Report back.

·
Premium Member
8,823 Posts
That's NOT a stock Yamaha belt on your ride and the reason you were able to reuse the rollers!
  • Looks like a POS Panther/Dayco belt that's rubber :(
Suggest you pick-up a new belt

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Oh man I should have mentioned that....no rollers. Also make sure that the belt is tracking good. There should be zero rubbing. Also ride it again as it should be as silent as when it was stock/factory set up. I had my belt too tight the first time around where it would click a little when moving it around by foot power. Report back.
I adjusted it to about 5 to 6 mm play doesnt click when rolling it that I can hear. It did click very slightly when I was adjusting the tracking.
That's NOT a stock Yamaha belt on your ride and the reason you were able to reuse the rollers!
  • Looks like a POS Panther/Dayco belt that's rubber :(
Suggest you pick-up a new belt
Crap! I will look into a new belt! It does say Panther Ultra Cord on it

·
Registered
635 Posts
S&S/Gates X3N-106-0359 is what I have and the most recommended for the Warrior from what I've seen. They have jumped up in price to around $250. They were about $150 a year or two ago.
That's still just over half of what i paid for a Yamaha belt a couple of years ago!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts