RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was going to wait until it was a little warmer outside to install this kit, but I had the parts sitting around and I had nothing else to do today. So dressed in layers, fired up my propane sunflower heater in the garage and got to work. The sunflower heater didn't really heat the garage up too much, partly due to the fact that I left the side door open on the garage to allow fresh air to enter do I wouldn't die from carbon monoxide. The heater definetely did take the edge off though.

The install went very smooth other than the fact that I didn't have a 17mm wrench, so my turn signals are still loose. The instructions were very easy to understand. That was something that surprised me. Usually when you try to put anything remotely complicated together the instructions don't make sense at some point in the procedure.

I took my time, and just followed the directions step by step. It was so cold that at points I couldn't feel my fingers, so I had to take breaks to warm up my hands on the heater. I also installed a black radiantz LED license plate frame. That was probably the most complicated part, considering it involved soldering. I cut the connectors off the stock license plate light, and soldered them right onto the license plate frame wiring, so they can be unplugged ifI ever have a reason to remove it.

The kit looks great. That ugly plastic inner fender and plate light/reflector is gone. The kit also moves the turn signals in towards the fender for a sleeker appearence. The Radiantz license plate frame is awesome. I had to hook the battery up to see the lights. They are bright, and light up the entire plate. I will have no cop problems with this one.

Even if you arn't mechanically inclined, you can do this yourself. The instructions are that clear. All you need is a small metric socket set, and a couple screw drivers. Oh, and a 17mm open end wrench if you are going to keep your turn signals. I was going to post pictures tonight, but it's 4 degrees in the garage, and apparently thats cold enough to make the florecent lights in the garage not work. So as soon the temp rises enough for the lights to come on, I'll snap a couple photo's.

·
Premium Member
8,920 Posts
No need to get cold, so i posted some oldies of mine. Back in those days the Radiantz LED plate cost $89.95 ON SALE. There was no off-shore product available then

They probably look just like this. Taken back in MI - Oct '04' .... Yamaha IFEK and clear lense alternative using Sylvania SilverStar bulbs and my 1st and only Metzler 210 tire

I used a Mr. Heater BIG Buddy Indoor Safe Propaneunit with an aux A/C adapter for the fanto heat my garage during the winter months as well as an electric heater and made it real toasty when doing my planned mods. I'd leave my SUV out in the snow and heat the garage up like i was in Palm Beach, FL
...the heaters were located a distance from the bike so that i wouldn't create any condensation on the bike and i wouldn't open the garage door until the bike cooled off.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Fender eliminator? On a Warrior?

Do you mean you installed a fender on the swing arm???

Been wanting to do that for ages...

PICTURES PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Guido said:
Fender eliminator? On a Warrior?

Do you mean you installed a fender on the swing arm???

Been wanting to do that for ages...

PICTURES PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I should rephrase that. INNER fender eliminator kit. It basically removes the plastic piece of junk hanging off the back of the bike that holds the license plate and turn signals when the bike is stock. It replaces it with a tough metal bracket that tucks the license plate up underneith the brake light and gets rid of that goofy plate light and reflectors.

·
Registered
3,343 Posts
Just be sure to check your lincense plate for cracks. Seems that I have developed cracks on the top of my plate where it bolts up. Must be something about the vibrations coming from the motor. Either that or hitting the rev limiter too often causes this problem. Still trying to figure it out

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have a little over 1200 miles on this bike, and I can honestly say I've never hit the rev limiter. But then again, I'm not one of those guys that speeds excessivly. Don't get me wrong. I would love to go really fast, but I don't want a ticket. And so far I haven't had a speeding ticket. I'd like to keep it that way. I can enjoy the bike without going 100+ miles an hour

·
Premium Member
1,837 Posts
Scoper50 said:
I have a little over 1200 miles on this bike, and I can honestly say I've never hit the rev limiter. But then again, I'm not one of those guys that speeds excessivly. Don't get me wrong. I would love to go really fast, but I don't want a ticket. And so far I haven't had a speeding ticket. I'd like to keep it that way. I can enjoy the bike without going 100+ miles an hour
+1, Chris.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts