RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i bought my jughuggers from a member on here(thanks C-one) anyways, i called Bubs to get installation instructions and their instructions are a joke! Nice people, nice product, bad instructions. Looking for torque specs-so they don't ever crack or fall off. Also for advice. I didn't get any spacers with the pipes and can order from BUbs or just use washers. How critical is it that they be aligned perfect and torqued perfectly? Also, do you recommend some high temp silicone around the flanges or anything? Loctite-what color? Torque specs? thanks

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
dont go more then 15 lbs on the front nuts, you can always re-torque after all is tight and you have heated everything up and allowed to cool. Carefully pass your hand over the mounts to the heads, if you feel no blow your fine. Dont silicone, the factory gaskets are there for that. Lastly if its a big gap at the rear mounts to the swing arm pivot then add correct spacing with washers but a 1/2 washer thickness in gap wont hurt to leave them out. They mount a little different from one set to another (have owned 2 and also cut-up and made a super short set from another pair). They are fantastic pipes but will rub if you really get into the twisties but the sound is fantastic and the welds dont break or pipes turn a goofy yellow or blue. IM if I can be of any help later. Good Luck

edit...

pass hand over the cyl head flanges when first started...not later..lol

been there did that but it was on accident

1 - 3 of 3 Posts