RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Compulsory third party insurance coverage will be required to register the lady here in Brisbane, AU.. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
I found swann insurance to be cheapest by far personally.

I was sure that a while back somebody in the Oz forum started an insurance thread. I'll see if I can track it down.

Found this old one : http://rswarrior.com/forums/t/57864.aspx?PageIndex=1

Sounds like the moment of truth is getting closer. She looks sweet BTW.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Boricua,

It is included in the registration payment here in QLD. You can choose which company to go with, but they cost all the same and appear to deliver the same insurance. (this was at least the case when I looked at it) And it is compulsary.

Normal insurance is more of a choice and see previous discussions about that.... (just do a search on this site)

Cheers

Dutch

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Flyingdutchman said:
Boricua,

It is included in the registration payment here in QLD. You can choose which company to go with, but they cost all the same and appear to deliver the same insurance. (this was at least the case when I looked at it) And it is compulsary.

Normal insurance is more of a choice and see previous discussions about that.... (just do a search on this site)

Cheers

Dutch

Thanks Andre and everyone else for your input. Looks like Swann is the way to go. I may need your help removing the side mounted license plate since I have to loosen up the rear axle bolt. I don't feel comfortable doing it myself. I'll give you a call next week.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Ricardo,

Great news your girl is rolling, and finaly arrived home.

In regards with your number plate, check below previous thread

http://rswarrior.com/forums/p/58012/821171.aspx#821171

Trust that will answer your uncertainty.

Ring me if I can do something for you

Dutch

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Ricardo,

Found this document..... does not note that the number plate has to be mounted horizontally.

Hmmmm food for thought, allthough it clearly states " the back of the bike"

http://www.infrastructure.gov.au/ro...pdf/NCOP8_Section_LL_Motorcycles_3Feb2006.pdf

Also my wobble for tonight: this note is regulation for us, bikers in above noted document:

'the motorcycle must not be altered in any way such that it will create a nuisance either to other road users or to any member of the public'

but it is totally legal to drive a 'souped up 4wd, with a chromed bullbar' in a busy inner-city street.... ooh yeah stupid me... that is not a nuisance, it is only deadly....... F(beep)uck them all.......

Trust this helps...

Dutch

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Flyingdutchman said:
Ricardo,

Found this document..... does not note that the number plate has to be mounted horizontally.

Hmmmm food for thought, allthough it clearly states " the back of the bike"

http://www.infrastructure.gov.au/ro...pdf/NCOP8_Section_LL_Motorcycles_3Feb2006.pdf

Also my wobble for tonight: this note is regulation for us, bikers in above noted document:

'the motorcycle must not be altered in any way such that it will create a nuisance either to other road users or to any member of the public'

but it is totally legal to drive a 'souped up 4wd, with a chromed bullbar' in a busy inner-city street.... ooh yeah stupid me... that is not a nuisance, it is only deadly....... F(beep)uck them all.......

Trust this helps...

Dutch

Andre,

Thanks for the info. I put the taillight and signal lights on the bike. She almost ready to go. Going for the registration process tomorrow. Wish me luck!

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
G'day Mate,

By the letter of the law, the number plate needs to be visable from a 45* angle from the rear of the vehicle to the left, right and from above. This is so that the speed cameras get a good shot of it as well as the toll cameras. Now we have civilian enterprise adjusting our laws so that they don't miss out on revenue

Don't get me started.

All the best for tomorrow, your gonna blitz it in

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Hee ricardo?

Time for a beer and celebrate?

Let us know...

Dutch

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Flyingdutchman said:
Hee ricardo?

Time for a beer and celebrate?

Let us know...

Dutch

No celebration just yet. As it turned out, I went to the QLD Transportation office andpresented all my paperwork, the lady goes outside with me to inspect the bike. She starts asking "where is the import plate?" Well, I'm not sure what she's talking about. Anyway, I was told to get a safety inspection done from a third party, and then apply for an import plate. So I went to get it inspected at City Yamaha. They tell me I have to get an upper and lower chain guard, certified or originalbrake lines, since mine are braided ss lines and the rear tire is too fat. I'm like "WHAT?" Are you serious? So I have to find a qualified and\or certified engineer who can sign of on the rear tire as being safe to ride. What a bunch of crap! So, here we are again, anyone here knows of such place where I can get a "certified engineer" that could certified my bike with a fat ass? and of course a spare chain guard...just to get it inspected. I'll give it back, I promise!

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
I found the upper belt guard so you're welcome to it.

Surely someone else in Brisbane area must have a lower belt guard as I have seen a lot of people who have taken them off.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Spokes said:

Surely someone else in Brisbane area must have a lower belt guard as I have seen a lot of people who have taken them off.

Sweet. Just let me know where we can meet. You can reach me at, Mobile - 0421 413 915 or Office - 3001 1520. BTW, I talked to Shaun from Pommychoppers and he'll help me get it inspected, once I have the guards. He's going to take care of the brake lines and contact the engineer who does the safety inspections. Now, if I could find that lower chain guard...

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Spokes said:

Hey Spokes, let me know if I can get that guard of you tomorrow. I'm going by the Dutchman's house tomorrow to get the lower guard cover. Maybe we can meet. Give me a ring if you want...thx

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Sorry mate.

Don't spend much time on the computer over the weekends. Too much to do.

Dutchy obviously filled you in on what was going on after he rang. If there is any more we can do lets us know.

Hopefully I will have a free weekend sometime in the future and we'll all get together for a ride. (even I still don't have another warrior yet
)

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
FINALLY REGISTERED!!!! After $3K, some loaned parts, mods, and lots of patience I have an "Aussie bike"
...Thanks everyone for your help, especially Dutchie and Spokes! You'll be seeing another Warrior around QLD. BTW, I saw a gray Warrior with red flameslast Tuesday going down Ipswich past the Gabba Cricket Grounds heading away from the city. Anybody here with a bike that fit the description?

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Great News Ricardo,

Now get that 'other issue' sorted so all is good.

Be safe, and be carefull, this is not PR here and everybody out there is trying to kill you ( at least that is my motto, and kept me in one piece for the last 25 years).

Drop in for a beer one day

Dutch

1 - 18 of 18 Posts