RS Warrior Forum banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Administrator
27,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
How about a big hand for Jeff, Shadow Warrior, who is kindly picking-up responsibility for managing and protecting the integrity of the Great Members List (GML) :) > http://www.rswarrior.com/forums/member.php?u=44062 <

Post-up if you would like to get involved in managing a thread around this joint. (see Post #1)

·
Administrator
27,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #35 (Edited)
This particular thread is looking for members who want to manage certain threads. It requires a consistent time commitment. I found it a good experience and when I could manage several over time it may have been a leg-up with respect to helping in moderating the forum. We will need more help in that department. Its on my radar.

·
Administrator
27,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
It's time for me to step into the ring if you are still looking for moderators. I have been here a long time and it's time I do my part for the forum.
Did you identify any existing Threads you want to Manage or any ideas for new Threads you can start? Have some fun with it!

·
Administrator
27,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
One last bump to top as a reminder that many helpful threads now sit unmanaged and so are hard-to-find, and anyone can start new lists of threads they find helpful, or start helping to wake-up older helpful threads (or lists of threads). I'm seeing a lot of very similar questions being asked so there is a chance to create a new list in frequently asked questions forum. Have fun!

·
Administrator
27,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #38 (Edited)
Okay another-bump, this one by a couple requests. As far as I know, nearly every managed thread needs a new manager to either replace with a new-better topuc or update the existing topic.

Example:

Everything EOBA needs volunteers who already earned their EOBA badge. The selected Manager (2 years and 500 posts) would send PM's to other EOBA's for help with annual 10-person summer committee voting, plus the same manager would post member-voting Christmas threads in November for annual EOBA. I can help you, and Heff can help you, to become organized. This is important work.

As you search things out, you will stumble-across abandoned managed topics. If you would please re-read this thread's original (top) post from a few years ago, it will fuel your search imagination and your awareness. Especially if browsing in Forum View considering the extra tools.

Please join-in, create your own or rescue one!

21 - 40 of 42 Posts