RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've been thinking, that113seems bad azz.

Stock observations.

Warrior 656 lb 836 w/rider, 11.22 lbs per hp, 8.75 lbs per lb-ft,

"While torque is a major consideration on a cruiser, let’s not forget horsepower. The Warrior is already cranking out 50 horsepower by 2,800 rpm, and peaks at 74.5 horsepower at 4,500 rpm. Peak torque, 95.5 lb-ft, occurs at about 3,500 rpm. Both figures are considerable improvements over the Road Star’s numbers, and both occur higher in the rev range than the Road Star’s figures. Eventually, Yamaha upgraded the Road Star with the bored cylinders and now today both models displace 1,670cc, but the Warrior still makes considerably greater power because of its hotter cams, injectors and a higher redline. It will be interesting to see if the new 1,854cc engine introduced on the 2006 Roadliner and Stratoliner will become a part of the next generation of Road Stars and Warriors."

Complete article: http://www.ridermagazine.com/output.cfm?id=1200385

Roadliner S 778 lbs wet, 958 w/rider 10.99 lbs per hp, 8.93 lbs per lb-ft,

"Shifting the five-speed transmission is facilitated by an adjustable chromed heel/toe shifter, and by the fact that everything just works smoothly. The clutch requires a moderate pull and became tiring by the end of the day, but those heavy springs are there to control a lot of power. The Roadliner spun the Borla dynamometer to 87.1 horsepower at 4,700 rpm, and an impressive 107.2 lb-ft of torque at a very lazy 2,200 rpm! By comparison the stock 1,795cc Honda VTX1800F we tested in our May 2005 issue generated 86.4 horsepower, and torque peaked at 100.6 lb-ft; it weighed 778 pounds wet. The 1,643cc Victory Hammer in our March 2005 issue delivered 77.3 horses, 98.4 lb-ft of torque and weighed 704 pounds. The Roadliner’s small tach indicates that the engine is turning just 2,550 rpm at an indicated 65 mph, and with peak torque at 2,200 it means you’ve got a boatload of passing power at your right grip when cruising along at 60 without even downshifting. "

.....and now for the rest of the story http://www.ridermagazine.com/output.cfm?id=1202131

Raider: 735 lbs 915 with rider Yamaha claimed 90HP and 110 lb/ft torque. 10.17 lbs per HP, 8.31 lbs per lb/ft

"Chunk this puppy into gear, release the clutch and it leaps forward readily, a function of its monster torque. Roll it on and you’ll wish there were a tachometer as the engine has a nice, hard hit in the upper rpm ranges that causes me to believe Star’s claim of 90 horsepower at the rear wheel, with 110 lb-ft of torque. Dual counter-rotating balancers allow the rider to feel a bit of V-twin shake, but it’s never annoying."

The rest of the story: http://www.ridermagazine.com/2008/category/cruiser/2008-star-motorcycles-raider-road-test/

Do you think the 113 would get the same 10% power increase with vbak, pipes, and pc3 as the Warrior does? More/ less?

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
I beieve that Frankenstein went from a turbo warrior to the Roadliner and beefed it up, he would therefore be the most knowledgable on the subject, if he's not too busy creating something new

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
I've not dynoed my Raider but it feels more powerful than my Warrior. I've got the Big Radius and a FuelPak and my next performance mod is the PR BAK. Some results indicate more than a 10% gain. Check this page. One Dyno with Big Radius 2 into 1, PR BAK and PCIII indicates 108 HP 126 Tourque.

http://www.raiderperformance.com/Dynopage.htm

·
Premium Member
8,920 Posts
The Raider with the Roadliner or Stratoliner rear 70T pulley and 1-1/2" belt is the way i would go for light to light performance and it will eat up the Warrior out of the gate every day!

The stock Raider is 31T frt & 66T rear x 1-1/8" belt --- The stock Roadliner/Stratoliner is 31T frt & 70T rear & 1-1/2" belt

The transmission ratios are almost identical to the Warrior and the Roadliner, Stratoliner & Raider all share thesame ratios throughout except for the rear pulleys.

The primary reduction ratio of the Roadliner, Stratoliner & Raider = 1.412 where as the Warrior is 1.532

The stock secondary reduction ratios including the middle shaft & beltdriveare as follows:

Raider = 2.626

Roadliner/Stratoliner = 2.785

Warrior = 2.393

Disclaimer: The data listed above has been extracted from the factory owners manual on the Yamaha web site

I suspect that the rear Roadliner/Stratoliner 70T pulley is the '99-03' Road* pulley w/ a different P/N!

·
Registered
20 Posts
good friend of mine bought a new raider about 3 or 4 months ago... lets just say i have to get my warrior off the line just right and make thoes shifts very crisp. up to a certain speed while rolling he will be right next to me w. the usual teeter back and forth between us. is really cool to see the difference in the power bands on the bikes!

his bike is totally stock w/ the exception of the cobra fi unit. i have my pc3, churchkey vbak, and speedstar exhaust. Of course not "professionally tuned" but slightly modified map i downloaded from someone on here.. I still might be a little down on power becase of the tune but... We do a comparison tune between the two of us to make sure the map adjustment er didis positive.. even tho he only has 3 settings, still.
We both weight right about 150 give or take 5lbs.. the bikes are VERY close in performance but i did notice his raider has the power at the top of the gear more than my warrior.. at about 80 to 100 the raider starts pulling on me, no chance to catch em..

All in all they are very similar.. but the raider is Soooo much more comfortable to ride IMHO, though the warrior is still more fun anyday

im lookin for a new map anyway.. still feels sluggish

1 - 7 of 7 Posts