RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up my bike after the local Yamaha (now defunct) dealer had lied to me regarding my transmission recall. It was completed by an alternate dealer, who I've been told is just as crappy as the defunct dealer and now know for a fact they are.

Trans condition pre-recall: no problems noted. Gears and clips looked excellent according to the tech. Showed me the removed gears...looked like new.

Trans vibration: no unusual vibrations (that I can recall, been riding a Goldwing for a week or so) in 1-3. 4th gives a strange lower end vibration under minimal power at 55 mph and 2250 rpm. 5th gear the vibration is heavier at 55-60 mph and 2250 rpm. It translates right through the foot pegs, so it's very noticable.

Other issues with this dealer: last time "they" changed the oil, they failed to drain the oil tank which resulted in the bike being nearly 1 quart over on oil and it was obviously dirty oil; this time the dealer put the tombstone from another Warrior on mine (mine has VBAK), oil is 1 quart over (bubbled over when I opened the oil fill cap), trans fill cap is "crying" becuase they didn't pull the o-ring and clean all of the mounting surfaces (didn't do that before it went in), clutch shifter seal was blowing oil (wasn't doing that before it went in), 2.5 marks of adjustment on one side of the rear tire but 2 marks on the other side (rear brake is acting funny now and they're newish pads as of 20K service), clutch cable was WAY out of adjustment (was perfect when it came in), left the bike really dingy and greasy. WTF???

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well, I tried to show the fiance the rear wheel grime and discovered the brake problem....they idiots left off the bolt that keeps the friggin caliper against the frame! Calling them tomorrow to tell them with everything I've found wrong, the problems it's having now that it didn't have before they got it, and the negligence that they just bought the bike and need to compensate me for my investment.

They will not be given a chance to fix said bike due to their total failure to get it right the first time. If calling the Dealer that worked on it doesn't get anywhere, I'll contact Yamaha Corporate.

BTW, anyone have a trust worthy number at Yamaha Corporate (VP's are preferable) to raise the issue to?

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Sorry you had such an aweful experience. I would definately get corporate involved. They need to know about these shotty dealers. I hope you can get it resolved.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Got corporate and a product liability lawyer involved. Both have informed me that no other steps can be taken until I have forded the dealer a chance to correct the problem.

I spoke with the dealership manager and explained the problem. He sent out his guys to pick up the bike at my residence and provided a loaner until mine has been corrected. I am requesting a full break-down disclosure as to what parts have been removed, what work diagnosis was conducted, the resolution to correct, and what work was performed and a full parts list of parts serviced or replaced.

I explained to corporate that I could not trust the dealer to perform the work a 2nd time since they obviously screwed it up so badly the first time. Their answer was "We've already paid that dealer to do the work and we will not pay another dealer to correct their mistakes. You need to give the dealer a chance to correct it as they may have had a tech work on the bike that's not well versed in the recall work."

My answer was "Then they just bought the bike, accessories, modifications, and will be required to cover my lost labor at $85 per hour since that's what they charge. My figures add up to approximately $12,000 with the current Kelley Blue Book value and replacement cost of my add-ons and accessories. Combine that with $500-1500 per loaded mile for 30 miles for Negligent and/or Reckless Endangerment and the total Yamaha would need to cover to settle out of court would be approximatly $27,000-52,000 once my lawyer files the paperwork. Be forewarned, I am reserving the right to seek damages for Negligent and/or Reckless Endangerment for the blatant failure to reassemble my motorcycle in a manner conducive to safety, then letting me ride it home 30 miles which negligently and recklessly endangered my life. I will provide the dealer an opportunity to correct the issue, but they had better be prepared for a worst case scenario should they be unable to satisfactorily complete the work the 2nd time around. Their tech does not know this specificbike like I do, so his word thatall isfine is unacceptable, especially since he claimed that the clutch cable was adjusted properly and I proved clearly that it was not. This specific tech is the same veteran tech that you are suggesting work on my motorcycle. Doesn't his failure to identify this simple problem illustrate his inability to trouble shoot and perform the necessary work? I think it's a clear display of his lack of ability and disrespect to the customer"

·
Registered
523 Posts
This is exactly why I havn't had the cps and tps recall done yet. The tranny recall was done before i bought it though.

There isn't a dealer within 50 miles of me that hasn't screwed me on work in the past, and no dealer will give me the parts for me to do it myself.

I've got 25,000 miles and no problems.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts