RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im about to undertake one final mod on the bike before the weather gets warm.. im going to internal wire the barons bomber bars. does anyone have any tips/tricks from what they have experienced on doing this mod. any little bit of advice will be awesome. thanks in advanced!

·
Registered
989 Posts
First question, have you ever done internal wiring? If not, check out redhorse's website it will walk you through the internal wire process. Run a strong fish wire through the bars, a vacum will help you pull the fish line. Don't forget to make a diagram of the wires before you take them apart. My first time it took about 3-4 hours, the next time it only took 1 hour start to finish.

Good luck.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
awesome, thanks for the tips. never done internal wiring but i'm pretty handy so i think it shouldnt be to crazy hard, but who knows... also, like your metal mulitia pic. i think im going to get the skulls airbrushed on my tank, it should look pretty sweet.

·
Registered
845 Posts
have you done this to your bars yet? if you havent I am now in the process of doing this but I have different bars. I imagine the process is the same or close to it, but let me just tell you that it is not simple. make sure you find a good source to feed the wires into the bars because that will make it easier and depending on the diameter of the bars internally, the more wires you have on one side the harder it is to install them. i have the 02 warrior and on the left side of the bike there are about 11 wires and the wires got chewed up from the bars internally and I even had electrical tape on them. It became a real nitemare and I ended up running the wires on the outside on that side of the bike, I dont really like it but I dont have much choice and I want to ride so I'll deal with it. I hope that you have better success than I did, let me know how you made out.

freerider

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
I did it about 3 years ago and let me tell you of all the mods that I have done this is by far the hardest one of all. I had a friend who is a Yamaha mechanic and it still took over four hours.Make sure that your take your time and get it right the first time. I got the wire in both sides in about 45 minutes only to take them out because of asilly mistake. I putthe right side wires on the left side and the left side wires on the right side. Had to pull the wires out and start over again. I used some good electrical tape and the wire went in fairly easy. Take your time you can do it.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Do it on your dining room table. Trying it on the bike is way harder.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Loren,

I suppose you're still talking about wiring handle bars?

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Scott said:
Loren,

I suppose you're still talking about wiring handle bars?

Well, yeah, that too. . .

1 - 8 of 8 Posts