RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I live in Murfreesboro TN.I purchased a blue with silver flames (seems to be apopular scheme although I'm not crazy about it)2006 with 8,000 mi about 2 weeks ago.Isold myYZF600R earlier in the year after 2 low sides.I was afraid I would missit butI am more than pleased with the warrior. It's all stock except theexhaust had the baffles removed.Will this damage anything?Looking forward to talking to and riding with you all.

I'm also looking into puting a lugage rack on to have a place to carry a lunch box or gym bag. Any suggestions?

Thanks

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Welcome to the forum! I'm glad the Warrior's working out for you, it's a great bike that's hard not to like in my opinion. If it's any consolation I think the blue with silver flames looks really good and I originally wanted that paint instead of the black cherry with flames that I have. I can't help you with luggage rack ideas but I'm sure if you do a search there's some great alternatives to consider that other members have done but it's not my thing personally. You're not going to hurt anything running the exhaust with the modified water heater. I rode that way for a while and liked the sound a lot especially compared to full stock. Now if you completely removed the muffler then that's a different story and I'd think it wouldn't take much to notice the effects quickly.

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
SnAp said:
I'm also looking into puting a lugage rack on to have a place to carry a lunch box or gym bag. Any suggestions?

Welcome - personnaly i love the 'original cannon exhaust' [water heater club - one of onlya few
that does]- it does provide the back pressure needed to keep the hp up -i think i'm right, that having the baffles missing in it wont help with the power any? but many here will help you fitting custom pipes and bump the ecu in no time - on the 'rack' question there was a recent thread on racks - i've got the small mapam scissy and rack - might suit your needsand does stop passengers falling off!? - anyway see my gallery there are only a few choices for the warrior - the warrior is the 'grin king bike' believe us - tom ba

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
Welcome to the forum, havent seen you out yet but hope I can run into you sometime. I'm off exit 105/I24.

Check into the bike clubs section Southeastern forum. Warrior dog as put a ride together next Saturday the 18th. Drop me a note if interested.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks everyone,

I'm going to sit this one out lemming. I've got a new fronttireordered. It was supposed to ship Friday so I'm not sure when it will be in or if I can get it put on in time and I wouldn't trust the one on it for that long of a ride. Thanks for the offer though and keep me in mind on the next one. I'm off exit 81 (shelbyville exit).

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I have the 06 as well. I bought it new in 07 as a left over. They only offered 2 colors and the midnight edition. The cobalt blue with silver flames and a red with grey stripes. The dealership didn't have a midnight. But i looked at both the red and blue. I really liked the blue. A year and a half later i don't care for the flames. One day in the future i will do a paint job. The cobalt blue looks nice with chrome on the bike. Good luck......

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
From what I understand, alot of the guys with the blue Warriors find that once it is Painted BLACK, it goes FASTER!

Just playin...If its a Warrior, IT ROCKS! simple as that!

Congrats on the new habit.

·
Registered
4,413 Posts
SnAp said:
Thanks everyone,

I'm going to sit this one out lemming. I've got a new fronttireordered. It was supposed to ship Friday so I'm not sure when it will be in or if I can get it put on in time and I wouldn't trust the one on it for that long of a ride. Thanks for the offer though and keep me in mind on the next one. I'm off exit 81 (shelbyville exit).
Welcome to the forum. This company has the 02 and 03 listed for a fit. Pretty nice looking for storage and carrying. Not sure how it will look without the bags, and it sure wouldn't add to thelines of the bike. Kind of like puttin the Dual Tour seat from Corbin and a huge azz windshield on the bike. (It don't flatter the Warrior's "sporty" look)

http://www.cycleventure.com/products/pack_system/index.htm

My daughter's family lives off of Hwy 96 on Fortress in some apartments. My two oldest sons live in Hendersonville near the Old Hickory dam too. We're up there every two to three weeks. If you get your tire on this week you should come to Chattanooga Friday and get a room and go riding with us on Saturday. You could leave M'Boro early Sat morning and get here by the time we leave.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts