RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
we should get together an IRC Chat Channel to chat in as well. Those 3am nights get boring/emoticons/emotion-1.gif

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
CliffWarrior has set up a chat area on MSN. He emailed me last night to inform me of it. I checked it out and the one complaint that I have is that you need to have a MSN Passport login.

I have been checking out some IRC servers for this type of thing. I will look more into it soon. From what I have seen there are some JAVA Applets that can integrate with an IRC server, this may be good.

I will try to research today and post what I can do.

CarKnee

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
OK,
A chat applet that runs on this site and connects to a IRC Server is not a problem!

I should have it available for the masses by the end of the day. It is already setup and running, but I need to configure some stuff before I give out the address.

You will be able to use the JAVA version, located on the site, or the IRC application of your choice (for example: mIRC)

CarKnee

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
This will be cool, thanks CarKnee. Man, are we becoming addicts here or what...wife keeps asking why the screen on my 'puter is always blue since I bought that motorcycle.....

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
Here it is:
http://www.rswarrior.com/chat.asp

For people using their own IRC client
Server: irc.centralchat.net
Channel: #RSWARRIOR

CarKnee

·
Super Moderator
13,703 Posts
quote:Originally posted by cuda

CarKnee keep up the great work and we will all be getting a divorce

Sorry to interupt this topic... Cuda shoot me an email or PM in reference to this other post:

http://www.rswarrior.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2044

Again sorry to go off topic, but I am having trouble reaching Cuda.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
OK, I know I may be asking for too much here. Be nice if there was a way to display on the home page perhaps which members were in chat, so you'd know who was hanging out in the chatroom beforehand.

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
Stilleto,
I say what you typed in the chat room... I was away from my computer when you were in there.

Check here:
http://www.rswarrior.com/forums/active_users.asp

I modified it to check who is on the chat page

CarKnee

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Thanks CarKnee, I wasn't sure if it was working. Great job btw!!

I think U4EA is on to something here, I think a group chat session would be a great time to get everyone familiar with using the chat feature, plus would help knit this close-knit group together even more. Maybe we could have a "Mods Time" session or a "BigShots User" session or other topical sessions such as those. Chat is one of those things that can be very useful or can waste a lot of time, depending on how well it is applied.

This website has so drastically surpassed some of the others I visit it isn't even funny. All thanks to the quality of our members, the unselfish sacrifice of our moderators and of course the technical skills and talent of CarKnee.

Take a BIG bow guys, each and every one of you, cause you deserve it!!

·
Registered
146 Posts
The Chat Room isn't used a lot, at least at night when I'm on after work, but I have had a good time in it when there are people in there. It is nice to be able to talk to other members in real time.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts