RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my buddy works in the machine shop at HD, I call him up one day and ask him to make me up a plate for my BAK. Greatfully accepts. and just about two weeks later, i have a FREE BAK plate, and a source to get more parts cnc'd and machined....

wonder why they are laying of 1100 people this year.... free parts??? lol they still have those oil leaks

·
Registered
297 Posts
He sounds like a nice guy, Jurys still out on you though.

BlacklidFire said:
So my buddy works in the machine shop at HD, I call him up one day and ask him to make me up a plate for my BAK. Greatfully accepts. and just about two weeks later, i have a FREE BAK plate, and a source to get more parts cnc'd and machined....

wonder why they are laying of 1100 people this year.... free parts??? lol they still have those oil leaks

·
Registered
10,143 Posts
I'm sure you didn't mean to sound like THAT much of a *** in your post, did you?

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No I was punning that he was making parts for a warrior, suprising he is still doing 50 hour weeks. HD has a great product. my dad's bike has almost 100 thou on it at still running great. not to mention all the rides and events that they allow ALL bikes to go on.

I guess slap my hand a little bit for souonding that way, because i didn't intend on that phraseology

·
Registered
4,957 Posts
Good deal for ya'. My HD doesn't leak oil (yet) even with hi-comp pistons and one hi speed x-the-country trip. Both of my Warriors aft left head covers and left side covers were bathed in oil after any sustained high speed trip of more than about 75 miles.

Note:
(The brakes on my HD suck compared to a Warrior, and even though it has 2 discs up front ALL other Harleys have only one) Some knight with shiny Star will ferret this post and perceive it as a personal affront to his masculinity and motorcycle erudition. Fortunately he will provide education and definition, delightfully bathing in his superiority over my inherent diminutive and very limited faculty of thought and reason.)

·
Registered
4,619 Posts
how fast is a sustained high speed trip for you? i blasted at 90mph+ going from tampa to daytona and back several times, and i never had oil bathed on anything... the only issue i ever had with that was due to a failed exhaust gasket, that covered the rear cylinder with a fuel carbon mixture.... but thats not the bikes fault... fixed the gasket, no issues

·
Registered
778 Posts
Only time I had that problem on a long hard run was when I overfilled the oil resevoir. My problem not the bikes. For what it's worth.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts