RS Warrior Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this has probably been posted several times (new guy and didn't find a psot??) running a 2006 with V&H exhaust and Cobra adjustment. Bike runs perfect (except backfires when letting off throttle) my question is "will I need to adjust the 3 settings on the Cobra, if I change the stock air filters to K&Ns? I've asked a couple non Yamaha shops and got different replys. Not a bike mechanic so any help very much appreciated and was also wondering about the AIS?? block off. Where to get and how hard to install-then do I need to make adjustments to the Cobra again?? I hate to change anything as she runs great right now??? Thanks in advance for any help guys

·
Registered
8,333 Posts
Suggest taking a plug reading before installing the K&N's. If your plug color is tan to cardboard brown you should be good to go without adjustments to the Cobra. Check the plug color after installation to insure the motor is not lean.

AIShow to installhere:

http://www.freewebs.com/roadstarwarrior/ais_block_off_1of2.htm

·
Registered
46 Posts
As for where to get one, I got mine about 3 weeks ago, they actually had one hanging on the shelf at the Yamaha/suzuki west. On Alta Mere Drive in Fort Worth (near Lockheed).

Hope that helps

Greg

·
Premium Member
2,916 Posts
AIS ia a breeze and it should help with some of the backfiring, but adjustment of the Fi2000 is also needed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts