RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Judging from what i have read on this forum about the complete lack of anyone actually having tranny problems and several guys having lots of miles on these warriors without trouble.
I am really considering not having this work done. If i do i will definitly go with some aftermarket goodies.
But i for one do not place alot of faith in the mechanics down here in the New Orleans area. i have already had my rear brakes lock up and catch fire because the mech. that installed my new shorty pipes and PC111 failed to notice that the brake lever was hitting the new pipes.
I have 4,000 miles on my '02 warrior with no problems. ive already have a '00 Busa that was re-called and an '02 WR426 yamaha thats been re-called. this is getting really old

·
Registered
1 Posts
i have 12 grand on mine and hate to open the case, its bad ju ju. but i dont want to be sitting on it and thinking it could lock at any second. i really dont know what to to and just wanted to vent

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
I'm getting it done and HC pistons. When I'm crusing down the road at 100+ I don't want to have the thought that the trans might lock up. Do it for the comfort factor. Do some reserch and find a good dealer, there are many of them that can do this work with no problems.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Not a consideration for me, Recall means Recall to me. If I'm not happy with what the shop does I will find a better shop or learn to do it myself

·
Registered
311 Posts
Think of it in these terms! I can get it fixed and have piece of mind going down the road! Or! You can have this nagging little thought in your head that says, “I should have fixed this”, every time you hear the smallest little noise coming from beneath you! It's your call.

·
Registered
4,527 Posts
I have to get it fixed, I'd hate to have something else other than my constantly balding (or plugged) rear tire(s) to be concerned about at high speed.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Have it fixed, man. I wish the parts would have come in sooner, then I wouldn't be having my fiancee taking me to work every morning. And yes, it did happen to me.

·
Registered
7,696 Posts
Three days ago I wasn't bothered and to be honest was not in a rush to get it done. Now that a Tranny has locked up on a fellow member, I'm in the line!

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
I am getting mind fixed, if for no other reason then to release my self from any liability if something happens. Plus it's a good opportunity to get some engine work done. I hate it but what else can we do?

·
Registered
234 Posts
I think you should get it fixed. If you don't like the shop find one that you like. Maybe there is someone in the area that can give you some help. Try to ask the guys her at the site for a list of recommended shop s ion the are.

·
Registered
4,957 Posts
Recall or not to recall. I am not a lawyer, have to akx my bro'-in-law. I am supposing there might possibly be some sort of legal/insurance liability problem for an owner of a bike subject to recall who elects not to have the recall performed should that subject bike have the unlikely problem occur and hurt someone ELSE.
Just something to ponder. My B-I-L is a product liability guru, so I will get his thoughts and post later.

·
Registered
559 Posts
I'm going to put it off until later this spring or summer. My dealer wants me to leave my bike with him indefinitely until the parts come in. He says he has 15 bikes in their warehouse waiting and it's first come first serve. I'm not letting my bike sit in a warehouse for the next few months waiting for parts.

I'll let everyone get theirs done first. Then when there are parts available so the dealer only needs my bike for a few days, then I'll get it done.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Vick,
Look up Lenny here on the board -- he is on the westbank and is yammi ok-ed to do the recall
Your last name sounds familiar (I am from new orleans)

·
Registered
474 Posts
What if something happens after the tranny is open does this clear Yamaha from liability and can you go after the dealer if any problems.
Some times they make you sing some liability papers to be able to work in them!!!!?

·
Registered
3 Posts
TO ANYONE CONSIDERING NOT TO DO THE RECALL. I work at a dealer and I must encourage all of you to do the recall. I have seen a tranny that has locked up and it is not pretty. Not to mention very dangerous. The recall is unfortunate, but Yamaha is doing everything they can to make it right. After you read this call your dealer and get on the list. Thanks

1 - 20 of 33 Posts