RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It would be so easy for anyone to come here and copy any of our pics and sell our bikes on ebay as a scam listing.. Is there any way to protect the pictures other than rswarrior watermark?? Ive tried to copy pics from sites to post here and sometimes it says protected and you couldn't copy them.. Just a thought..

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
if it's uploaded to the site it gets a rswarrior.com tag on it.

go to the gallery and dl an image and you'll see /emoticons/emotion-1.gif

·
Registered
6,800 Posts
Plus I am pretty sure that RSW does not allow direct/out side links.

But Rob is correct, a quick PS and the water mark is gonzo.

·
Registered
11,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It does allow direct outside links because I put a link on a ebay ad and logged off of rswarrior to make sure it worked.. Its not that big of a deal.. Just an idea..

·
Registered
10,319 Posts
If the scammers don't use your pic, they will use someone elses. They can try and sell my bike
all day long if they want. As long as I don't have someone coming to my house telling me
that they just bought my bike for 5k!

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
quote:Originally posted by RobRiguez

yeah but its easy to photoshop off like yours called 8_right_down.jpg. the logo is so far at the bottom of the pic you can just cut it right off without hassle.

well yeah, you can also use pics from protected sites if you know how /emoticons/emotion-5.gif

short of putting a huge ugly watermark through the middle of a pic (which can also be avoided with the proper software and knowledge albeit alot tougher to accomplish) there really isn't a true fire way to protect images 100%

just like vector said, if you REALLY want something you can get it. Luckely most thiefs are lazy and will take the easy way out and find a pic without a tag.

/shrug

·
Registered
11,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Having worked in retail Ive learned ONE thing.. Thieves are NOT Lazy.. There Lawless and Full of creativity..

·
Registered
5,333 Posts
I never realized it was that big of a deal. If they don't get yours they can just google "Warrior" and get another one.

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
As others have mentioned, nothing is 100% effective. Once something is on the web it is out there. I can disable the "right click / save image", but all someone has to do it disable javascript.

The watermark and "no external links" were the best two options I could do.

·
Registered
5,333 Posts
quote:Originally posted by CarKnee

I can disable the "right click / save image", but all someone has to do it disable javascript.

Don't forget you could also just hit "Print Screen" and then save it in paint as a Jpeg.[/emoticons/emotion-5.gif]

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
quote:Originally posted by DFW_Warrior

quote:Originally posted by CarKnee

I can disable the "right click / save image", but all someone has to do it disable javascript.

Don't forget you could also just hit "Print Screen" and then save it in paint as a Jpeg.[/emoticons/emotion-5.gif]

Sure. Or go through your browsers cache. There are plenty of ways for people to grab images off a site.

If someone is "smart" enough to try and pull an Ebay scam, they are surely smart enough to copy an image from a a site.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Photoshop can embed a digital watermark...you can't see it, but its embedded into the photo data...and can be retrieved by pshop as well. I dunno if a screen shot will get around this though...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts