RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I don't really want to go on bad standings with the dealership because I really love the place, but here is what happened and I would like some facts if anyone here knows them before I take it any farther.

I bought my Warrior used from dealership monday. Bike is advertised on webpage and in store for $10999. Couple days after I buy it I see on the webpage they changed it to $10499. Apparently they were unaware it was sold. Now I feel kinda cheated out of 500 bucks because if i had of waited a couple more days it would have been cheaper. I thought there was a law or something where if a price changes within a certain amount of time the difference must be paid to the customer. Or maybe it's just policy some places choose to take up.

Maybe I am wrong, and if so let me know. The guy I bought the bike from said they usually won't do anything about it and was supposed to call me back but never did...

·
Premium Member
2,916 Posts
I have no idea what the policy is where your located. Laws vary from state to state but I know of no such law anywhere. In Indiana you have the option of returning the purchased item within three (3) working days for a full refund. After that it's all yours.

In your case, the only way that you may be able to recoup the $500 is by the good graces of the dealership. I don't think they're obligated to refund the difference, especially on a used bike. Many dealerships advertise a price on a new one and if in 30 days you find a lower price on the same from any other dealership, they'll refund the difference.

Perhaps they would offer free accessories or an aftermarket exhaust system as a good faith gesture . . . . . . . . but don't count on it. Keep us posted on the outcome . . . . . . . . oh, and fill in your location info. It's always interesting to know where members are from.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool man thanks. I dont really want to fight for it, I will just pay them a visit and see if they offer anything. Already ordered in some Samson Street Sweepers and Radius Bars from phatperformance hehe. I might make a stab at some merchandise store credit, sure is getting cold lately and i have no real cold weather riding gear. Will let ya know.

But yeah I work for a retailer and bartering customers annoy me so I will take it easy on them lol.

·
Registered
926 Posts
I dont think these types of polcies apply to dealerships. You wouldnt have gotten a refund of the difference.

Store policys at some discount storesdo refund the difference on an item that was pruchased just beforeadiscount. The alternative would bea customer returning an item and getting back the price they paid, then go and buy the item again at the sale price,

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Exactly, I think you'd just find this at retail stores because it saves them the hassle of needless returns but I don't think it's a law anywhere that I know of.

·
Premium Member
2,916 Posts
I'm just curious if any states other than Indiana have the 3 working day return policy on major purchases, or something similar?

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
There is a buyer's remorse law in California for any contractor work you buy for your house but I was told there is no "cool off" period or buyer's remorse protection on motorcycle purchases. I also read recently that California's lemon law does not include motorcycles either.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok so I didn't bother going back to see them about it, and just decided to get over it. Since all papers were signed and it was technically a done deal. But today I wake up to find a message on my phone, and when I go in to see them they (Toys for Big Boys, Moncton NB) gave me a nice $200 gift certificate. My 2nd bike I have bought from them, and it will definately not be my last.

Also thank god for the internet. If i had of believed the stupid people around me telling me they had to pay the difference and getting me all worked up, I could have really screwed things up.

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Pep said:
Glad it worked out Jeff.

ditto. It seems they would have kicked in the extra 50 to at least be able to say they met you half way but oh well, $200 is a heck of a lot better then being told to shove off like they could have. It shows they appreciate you as a repeat customer... just not a whole lot.

·
Registered
7,926 Posts
The gift certificate was pretty good of them. I do not think the dealers in this area would have been so nice.

·
Registered
881 Posts
Jeff, I'm glad it all worked out for you, in the end.

I used to be a finance manager at a dealership in Los Angeles and there is NO cooling off period, that I know of, in almost any State, for motorcycle purchases. It's so funny to think that the sales managers have such a hard time keeping up with their inventory, but it is a bit of a hassle. Either way, things like what happened to you happen quite often. The gift cert. that they sent you was probably not an apology letter - it was more of a "thanks for buying from us, again". You can probably go in there and, with good humor, talk with the sales manager about what you saw in the paper after you took home your baby. If it's a smaller shop, then he/she would probably take good care in making sure you don't have a sour taste in your mouth about the ordeal. If it's a bigger shop, they'll probably give you a little run-around about how it was another bike they were trying to advertise, etc etc.

Either way, you came out on top - got a great motorcycle and now have an extra $200 to spend on goodies that you would spend your own money on, anyway.

Congrats on the bike!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts