RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new here and am wanting to make a good deal on my first Warrior. Can you experienced guys give me some advice on this bike?
2002 Warrior 102CI around 3k miles
Supposed to have a Stage IV kit. Is that is what is itemized below?

Competition Ignition
Competition Piston Kit
Competition Intake Manifold
Competition Air Filter
Competition Clutch Kit IV
Competition Camshafts
Competition Dual Valve Springs
Competition Exhaust Pipes "Long"
Double "T" Fat Bars
All Stock Parts that came off

Can be bought for around $7495

Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
First who is selling the bike? If its a member then what is stated would 99.9% true. If its outside of our group then see if there is a member close to you and maybe you can plan to look at it together.[/emoticons/emotion-5.gif]

·
Premium Member
1,088 Posts
that sounds like a stage iv kit to me, but....i don't see the stage iv ecu, unless that is what they mean by ignition. and i "assume" that the "intake manifold" is really the velocity stacks.

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
where' the pistons and heads?

duh, read the top line, never mind, i see the pistons now, my bad, im stupid

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Does the competition ignition mean the Stage IV ECU? It could be, the question to ask is does he have the original parts? If he does then I would say it's probably been done and it would be a good deal. If not then I would demand to see reciepts.

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Find a site member near you. Let him have a look and test drive it for you. For $2000.00 more you could probably find a new one, but stock. I would be surprised that someone would go to the expense of a stage IV kit and not have a 2 into one or speedstar exhaust. Only my .02$

·
Registered
255 Posts
Paid 8.5k for 02 with 108 kit 2 into one bunch of upgrades see my profile for clarification. So I'd say it's a decent buy. Good rubber? etc...I would say its fair but not spectacular. Just my .02

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Seems like a decent deal. Offer him 6900 and see what he does. If you get it great, if he is not willing he may offer something in between.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
I bought my Warrior for $7500 with 2400 miles and it only had visual mods made to it, so I say ride it for 30 or 40 miles and see how it acts and make sure you like it and if you do then GET IT!!!

I hope my english teacher ain't reading this or she will get me for a run-on sentence!

·
Registered
6,075 Posts
I think that's a good deal, not a screamin' deal, but a good deal none the less. Also, ask him how many miles since the pistons were installed.

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
Check and see it there is a dyno run with his name on it that woll give you more input into the realilty of equipment.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the input. Keep it coming! I should've mentioned this bike is at a "Stealership" and I'm hoping to trade at or near even for my '04 R1.... If not, I'll have to sell the R1 before I buy a Warrior.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Ooh another sport bike switcheroo! It's an alright deal but just make sure you can take it on a ride first and see if they can add some sort of warranty to it something like a 3 month 1500 mile or something that will pad the purchase a little... And see if the recall(s) have been done. Probably have but just check. And welcome to the best foum on the web!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts