RS Warrior Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I have a 2002. I know people like the dyna coils but my bike is tired and not investment quality, just want to keep it rolling as a back up bike.

I have been told that wrong ignition coils can fry a ECU is this true? I definitely want to avoid that but I can't see buying a 20 year old used part to put the originals on. Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
'05 Midnight
3,314 Posts
Start here and verify the specifications of the coils match the requirements for the Warrior.

·
[Retired Admin-SuperMod]
31,777 Posts
That part fits some years of Road Star, it does not fit the Road Star Warrior, their website info is not correct. That said, I see no Electrical specs on their website so cannot compare to RSW specs (see service manual). Those coils might work electrically, you'll need to research it. No matter what, they would require completely different physical brackets and fastener connections, and electrical connections at the spark plug boots. And they may or may not rise to the performance levels required. Have you done an advanced search here by coil brand and part# to see if anyone has done a successful install?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Just wanted to follow up. The caltric coils posted have been working great. I had them new installed at time of first post but a bad ecu made me think they were suspect. New ecu and zero problems

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.