RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a question. Is Yamaha really looking out for us? I've had my bike (2002 model) for over a year and a half, I am still at the same address and telephone number that I gave them when I bought the bike. If this recall in nothing new to Yamaha, then why haven't I received a letter warning me about he possible danger of riding this bike? (the tranny lock up and dying part listed on the recall letters.) The only way I found out about this recall was because of this web site. When I contacted my dealership they didnt even know about the recall. If Yamaha is too busy to contact all its customers, then the least they should do is contact all its dealerships and let them know. (then the dealserships could contact all owners that purchased Warriors from them.)

Once again, giving credit to this web site, my bike is now in the shop awaiting its servicing. OH, but guess what guys, all the parts are on back order!! Way to go Yamaha.

P.S. Where's my DA#* letter?[/emoticons/emotion-6.gif!]

·
Registered
77 Posts
We just received our "official" letter from yamaha yesterday.Dealers are supposed to call all of their customers listed that they have sold bikes to.I totally agree that yamaha could have been more organized about this whole thing-as usually is the case.

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
I bought used and don't expect to be contacted. I have contacted a local dealer and have been put on a list to have my work done after all of the bikes that they sold are fixed.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Ditto on the notification. I have never received any of the recall letters from Yamaha. The tank strap & the transmission were discovered
on RSWARRIOR.COM! Thanks brothers. It may be a marketing ploy to keep Yamaha from suffering economic distress.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Of course they're looking out for us. One sure-fire way to lose a customer is to kill him.
Seriously, big corporations move slowly. If somebody here hadn't found out about the recall ahead of time, we'd be none the wiser and everybody would be zooming around with blissful, reckless abandon. I still am.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I went by my dealer with some of the info from this site so that I could have a chat with them. Not only did I find that they where notifying anyone with a RoadStar or Warrior that there was a recall but they were also scheduling the recall work to be done. I am 5th or 6th in line if/when the kits start arriving. As noted they are on backorder. So maybe Yammi is not looking out for me but at least my local shop seems to be.

·
Registered
5,891 Posts
My guess is the priority lies with the bikes on the showroom floor, next they notify those who are able to ride 12 months a year then us in areas that wont be able to ride for another 2-3 months get our notification

1 - 12 of 12 Posts