RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up a set of Iso grips when I picked up my bike this week. I went to install them tonight and discovered that the throttle tube is actually 2 tubes of different diameters within the throttle grip. The size difference is 1/2 way in the grip. Is it supposed to be this way?

Kury's installation instructions have parts descriptions that are about as crappy as I could have asked for. The instructions state that the throttle grip has a rubber spacer within it. No spacer. As far as I can tell, the spacer is in the left grip. Glue was in the throttle grip, instructions in the left grip. And no allen wrench to take off the end caps???

Anyone have this problem with the throttle side of the Iso grips?

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Been a while, but I dont recall it being that complicated.Install the throttle cables through the back half of the switch housing and into the grip. Leave everything a little loose, then slide the whole thing on the end of the bar and put the front half of the housing on.Tighten, adjust as needed. It's easier if you take the master cylinder off to do all this, then put it back when everything's set.

You shouldn't need to take the end caps off, just shove the throttle side on till it makes contact, then back off a hair. When you glue the clutch side, spread the glue evenly on the bar, shove the grip on, get it in a position you like, hold it for 60 seconds, and you're done. (make sure your mirror/clutch cable mount is already on!)

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's what I thought too. Should have been quick and easy. I used a flashlight to look inside the throttle grip and a flathead screwdriver to check the difference. It's like 1/4-1/2 inch difference in diameter.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts