is what I want. Then I noticed it was air cooled and no hydrolic
cluch. I have a Honda Nitehalk now and the issue I have with it is
it overheats on long group rides with my girlfriend on the back. I
just go to slow like 35mph for to long in to hot temp. So that is
the main reason I am replaceing it.

Will I have this same issue with the warrior? The dealer says no but
If I have no cool air blowing by the engine how will it cool? Has
any one had any issues with this bike. I want it but just not sure
if it is just getting into the same issues I have now.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Jason:

First off, welcome to the forum! I probably live in one of the worst environments for motorcycle riding when it comes to heat and humidity during the summer months. I live on the Texas Gulf Coast. Just for a bit of perspective, this past Sunday it was 105 degrees with very high humidity. I went for a ride and my bike purred like a kitten in the stifling heat and humidity. I have never had a problem in the hot weather and don't anticipate ever having one with regard to engine overheating. I also ride my bike into work from time to time during the summer months and it handles stop and go traffic just fine. Don't let the heat thing lead you away from a fantastic bike, it is a red herring thrown up by the radiator crowd![/emoticons/emotion-4.gif]

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
PG,
I asked the same question before I went out and got mine! I too had bad overheating problems with my oil cooled GSXR.

The only problem I have had is that it gets a little tough to get it in neutral when I am riding in traffic too long. (Like 15+ minutes in 85+ degrees) Once I start moving it cools right down.

Dont wear shorts though!

CarKnee

PS, your site URL is no good.

·
Registered
394 Posts
I rode mine for over an 1 1/2 hours in 98 degree heat, 70% dewpoint in stop and go traffic. I never got out of 1st gear the whole time. She was really hot, but never overheated! I don't think you have to worry about heat with the Warrior!
Dsweer1

·
Registered
210 Posts
Phoenix, AZ., 113 degrees, I-10, roll over accident, all 5 lanes blocked including the HOV, stop and go for 35-40 minutes, my left hand was in bad shape, but my Warrior just kept purring. I F***ing Love This Bike!!!

P.S. Thats a big 10-4 on the dont wear shorts advice, your right leg will start melting[:0].

·
Registered
309 Posts
check out this site... it has a cool oil filter protecter that happened to cool the oil too. it was not on purpose but as you will see its basicaly a heat sink. Looks cool too i think. i emailed the guy and he sells them for 40 with shipping. does anyone know how to make these??? i'd love to try but not sure how to do it.
http://www.roadstarmagazine.com/rev_buckcooler.shtml

·
Registered
394 Posts
Meltdown,
Save yourself some money and go buy a round computer processor fan. These round fans have the perfect size heat sink for our oil filters. The best part is you can get them for about $12.00 - $16.00. Just take the heat sink off the fan, junk the fan. Cut an elongated hole on each end of the heat sink. Get a stainless steel clamp, put it in the elongated holes and slide the heat sink over your oil filter and tighten until snug. Should work fine. I'm working on mine now and will add pictures when I'm done. The best part is they come in several colors, so you should be able to match you bike!
Dsweer1

·
Registered
309 Posts
Dsweer,
where would you get one at? a computer store? or is there major outlet you could name. 16 vs 40 im all about that.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Dsweer,
i just looked all over the net and the only heat sinks i saw didnt have a solid core so im not sure it would tansfer heat as well. Did you find one like that? or do you think it will transfer heat well enough?

·
Registered
394 Posts
I buy mine through a local computer parts dealer. I will get the Manufacturer and model # for you guys. I put mine on the other night and threw out the fan, so no model#. I haven't rode with it on yet so I can't say if it actually makes the engine run cooler. It will be a couple of days for the info as I'm currently up at my cabin.
Dsweere1

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have owned 3 new Harley Davidsons all air cooled. 1 FXR 1340, 1993, 1 FXD Dyna, 1196, and 1 FLHTC Electra Glide and have never had an overheating problem. I sold my glide in 1999 and have no more use for Harleys so I did not ride for three years. Then came the Warrior, now that is what Harleys should be like. I will never trade my Warrior for any Harley. It is the coolest, fastest, meanest, best handling cruiser around. This bike does it all. If you have not figured that out yet, you will............

Luis
Ride on

1 - 13 of 13 Posts