RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just rode my new '05 home this afternoon and have a couple of observations and questions.

The bike feels really small to me compared to my Valk. Not a bad thing as far as being nimble, but it will take some getting used to.

The handlebar risers seem too short and need to come back some. Other than the OEM stuff, are there any other manufacturers that have pullback risers that will work on the Warrior? Also, what's the max anyone has gone without changing out stock cables?

The footpegs need to go forward a little. I saw some budget relo kits that give either 3 or 5 inches of forward position.

The bike has an IMPRESSIVE amount of torque from a standing stop. If you twist the throttle hard you better be hanging on to the grips. I don't think this stock bike is as fast as my Valk, but it will be a lot of fun trying to get it there. Gotta live at 2500 rpm limit for a while. [/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

This forum has a lot of info and seems to be a nice family. I'm looking forward to learning and hopefully sharing info here.

Thanks all. John

·
Registered
6,075 Posts
Welcome John, and congrats on your new Warrior. I agree that this bike must feel small compared to your previous one. You should have a lot of fun getting your Warrior up to the power levels of your Valk. I'm sure you are already aware, this is one agile beast.

Have fun!

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
Congrats.

Yep, the +3" Lightning Peformance (budget) forward control relocation kit will make the footpegs more comfy for taller riders.

As for bars/risers you have tons of options. Just depends on the riding position you like, how tall you are, and long your arms are. Should be plenty of threads covering this topic. Try using the search feature to find them.

·
Registered
7,695 Posts
A very big welcome John. With fast approaching 9000 members on this site, the Warrior is certainly a popular bike but still rare enough that people still ask what bike it is. If you have some money to spare the Legend Forward Controls will move your feet forward by a few inches, they're **** good looking and will eliminate your rear brake reservoir too. Enjoy your new bike.

·
Registered
7,924 Posts
Yep; it is contagious. Nope antibiotics won't help. Welcome aboard. You will find plenty on this site to help with these questions and many more.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Welcome john[/emoticons/emotion-2.gif][/emoticons/emotion-2.gif][/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]I need a ride raining in Illinois since tuesday off and on it is not suppose to stop till thurs day . this could get boring you can only clean your bike so much . I guess i could sit on it and make noises.Happy riding brother[8D][8D]

·
Registered
4,835 Posts
welcome and congrats. Lots of riser options, I have the pullback risers by barons, and makes a nice comfort zone. Lots to search on this site and you'll find all your answerers. Also, don't baby the warrior, search for the hard break in. Basically ride it like you stole it.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Never heard of anyone who "broke it in hard" regret it. Before you make any final decisions on mods, spend sometime searching the wealth of information on the 4M. Welcome to the madness.

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Welcome Brother. Sit back and enjoy the 4UM. There is so much info out there you really do need to look around before making decisions on what you really want. It's a **** of a problem to have![/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

1 - 20 of 27 Posts