RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was lonely and bored yesterday so I headed for the hills on my baby, even though some showers were forecast.

Warburton to Marysville via the Reefton Spur then down to Healesville via the black spur.

Now that was an adrenalin rush run.

Especially when the rain started to bucket down lol

That Reefton spur is sensational if you're into twisties, they just keep coming at you for about an hour. It was pretty hard on my tyres though, they must use sharp stones in those mountain roads.

So who's not working between now and Jan 5? Anyone interested in a run? The above route from Paul's place would be a great ride

Cheers

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Hi guys.

Just back from a weeks R&R and saw this post.

I did the black spur & reefton spur about 5-6 weeks ago, and as Greg says, its an absolute blast. I would imagine doing Reefton first is better, because it has more twisties than the Black spur, and from from that direction, it is mainly uphill rather than downhill when travelling from Marysville.

I am up for it any Sat arvo or Sunday given a week or so's notice.

Meet up at my place would be no problem.

Let me know what the plan of action is,

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
I'm organizing a ride on Sunday if anybody is interested. I'll be posting up on MSR as well.

Either meet up at my place around 10.30/11.00am .Planning on heading down the penninsula/Flinders/philip island/Inverloch that sort of direction, so can meet otherwise at Narre Warren if easier.

Let me know if anybody is interested.

After the ride, I'll be striking up the barbie for a beer & a bite for anybody interested.

Paul.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
timoken said:
lucky you. we have the coldest winter since years: -22°C / -7°F

I had heard that from family and friends in Europe. I spent 20 years in Holland before coming to Australia, and recent years have been mainly wet & miserable winters.

Hopefully we should have 29-30C here on Sunday. Fancy joining us :)

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Just looking at tomorrows weather, and I think we might need to wrap up against the cold !!!!

Lets hope they are wrong.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts