RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have thoughts on what's going on with my bike?

I'm putting my bike back together and ran into a electrical issue. The bike will start fine (that's what's throwing me off), but the odometer/instrument cluster doesn't light up, along with no power to the rear electrical. Plus, when trying out the turn signals, nothing happens (no click sound or anything). The horn does not work. The headlight will come on and performs both high and low beam function. I'm confused as to what might be causing the new issue since the bike has stayed in the garage and all lights worked a month ago...
I'm thinking a low battery?? It's an '07 with original battery and the guy I bought it from barely road it... I was curious if anyone else has ran into similar issues in the past...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I checked all the fuses, and replaced the one that had blown.
Work that had been done: ECU Reflash (can't wait to try it out!), AIS blockoffs, wrapped the 2 fenders and gas tank, replaced all of the rear lighting (turn signals, brake, led bolt lights for the plate). All the rear lights worked a month ago prior to wrapping the bike,

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Holy crap! I hope that's all it is!... However, I checked the fuse and it looked to be solid. Do I simply replace it regardless or approach this in a different manner?

·
Administrator
28,155 Posts
Did you already revisit the connections under the rear fender taking into account any hardware changes?

Did you 100% prove the signal circuit fuse?

Did you revisit all connections in the headlight bucket?

Did you go to all LED's front and rear?

Your tail/brake was already LED correct? Did you go to integrated rear turn signals inside the tail/brake light?

Your headlight comes-on only after the motor starts, right?

Sorry, just want to clear the decks for certain.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Did you already revisit the connections under the rear fender taking into account any hardware changes?

Did you 100% prove the signal circuit fuse?

Did you revisit all connections in the headlight bucket?

Did you go to all LED's front and rear?

Your tail/brake was already LED correct? Did you go to integrated rear turn signals inside the tail/brake light?

Your headlight comes-on only after the motor starts, right?

Sorry, just want to clear the decks for certain.
I hadn't rechecked the wiring under the rear fender, since it had all worked prior to taking the fender off. Definitely the next thing to check, in my mind prior to reading the comment about the fuse and all that it addresses, since that's exactly what's going on with the bike.

I didn't touch the headlight, so i didn't look at those connections.

I only added LEDs on the back of the bike and not the front.

The tail/brake was stock, and I replaced it. Saddly, I did both integrated and detached lights after finding out Massachusetts requires rear turn signals to be 9 inches apart and I had already bought the new break light.

Yes, the headlight only comes on once the bike starts.

Thanks for asking the questions, more than happy to give all the information I can to trouble shoot this!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If there's a short in the 10A Signal Circuit wiring you'll compromise this Fuse as soon as you Key-On :oops:
Just ran to the store and grabbed some fuses. Check the fuse, and it had blown, replaced it with a new one, and I blew as soon as I turned the key ( like you said). Guess I need to check all the wiring I did in the back and find that short!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thank you guys so much for all of your quick responses and help! The bike is now working properly after identifying a wire that was shorting things out!! You guys rock!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts