RS Warrior Forum banner
  • It's back! Enter your bike HERE for the Warrior of the Quarter Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to take the time to brag on Ivan’s flash without a power commander. The way this bike rides now is nothing short of impeccable. The throttle response is inhuman and power distribution from beginning all the way to the higher 5900 rpms is breathtaking. There is no backfire popping in the pipes, the pipes themselves sound meaner because of the flash itself, the bike is alive. I’ve owned 3 super sport bikes, a raider, and a couple other turds and this warrior with the flash is simply a smile machine. Just wanted to really give Ivan props because he advised me all along I could run without the power commander which mine was in fact bad from dynojet. But it runs SO good. I must it be. Had some really enjoyable rides the last few days, leisurely cruising in the country, 120 mph bursts, and some curve carving peg scraping fun. No more heavy engine braking and jerky jerky slow downs, usage of brakes increase but the affect well worth it. Kudos to the warrior and to Ivan for his product. And to end in short my mods are Vance and Hines big shots pipes, churchkey big air pod kit, ais block off, and Ivan’s ecu performance flash.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Thanks. I’m glad you posted this. One reason is because I have the same set up with a PC5 with the map from Ivan and it runs like yours, flawlessly throughout the whole range and smooth decel with no popping. I’m going to remove the PC5 when I get a chance and compare. Awesome write up. Thanks again.

***Note: Non-HC Pistons

·
Premium Member
5,772 Posts
Curious as to why you didn't slap an Ivan's onto the Raider? What didn't you like about the Raider then?
I want to take the time to brag on Ivan’s flash without a power commander. The way this bike rides now is nothing short of impeccable. The throttle response is inhuman and power distribution from beginning all the way to the higher 5900 rpms is breathtaking. There is no backfire popping in the pipes, the pipes themselves sound meaner because of the flash itself, the bike is alive. I’ve owned 3 super sport bikes, a raider, and a couple other turds and this warrior with the flash is simply a smile machine. Just wanted to really give Ivan props because he advised me all along I could run without the power commander which mine was in fact bad from dynojet. But it runs SO good. I must it be. Had some really enjoyable rides the last few days, leisurely cruising in the country, 120 mph bursts, and some curve carving peg scraping fun. No more heavy engine braking and jerky jerky slow downs, usage of brakes increase but the affect well worth it. Kudos to the warrior and to Ivan for his product. And to end in short my mods are Vance and Hines big shots pipes, churchkey big air pod kit, ais block off, and Ivan’s ecu performance flash.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I did like the raider but got the sport bike bug again and sold it. I will say this though, I like the warrior better. I like the way it handles and the overall riding experience and comfort better to my liking.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Thanks lcgixxer87

Was considering the Ivan’s... and now you have me considering sending it tomorrow. Thought it was a little pricey, but if I can forgo the pc5 & auto tune, it will ultimately be cheaper. And I also had a Raider & can say (inspite of the fact I loved the Raider) the Warriors’ nimbleness & characteristics make it simply more fun to ride. Thanks for the Ivan’s flash review.

·
Premium Member
1,303 Posts
You can absolutely forego the pc5 when using Ivan's flash. I did it for a year with no issues with aftermarket pipes and ChurchKey vbak. I eventually added a PC 5 with Ivan's map and the bike is faster like that but didn't have any issues without it either. Just not as fast as it could be.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
27 Posts
Ivans ecu flash update... I did get the ecu flashed by Ivan. Sent it on Monday, received it Thursday. Totally different bike now. Not just faster, but more comfortable in every gear, smoother. Pre-flash, the bike was a very good, Post-flash, it’s amazing. The fun level went up by, oh, somewhere around 5X. I didn’t see this much improvement on my 2008 Raider when I added pipes & a PC. I’m having a hard time articulating the improvements, but they’re substantial. The engine braking is still there as well as some popping on decel. I’ll probably do the AIS block off in the future as recommended. My throttle roll on from a stop was a bit choppy. After speaking to Ivan, he realized the idle was too low. Quick adjustment & the issue was resolved. It runs like a bat outta ****.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Where can I inquire about this I just finished pulling off of Vance and Hines fuelpak cuz it went bad acting like it was a TPS sensor replace TPS sensor and it was still doing it ended up being the little tuner messed up

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.