Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Simple question:

1. Is it worth it to get BOTH the PCV and Ivan's ECU on a 06 warrior with stock internals, a Baron's BAK and Some Rinehart Pipes or just go with the ECU?

NOTE: I will probably NOT spring the extra $$ for a dyno tune. Not enough invested IMO into performance parts for it to be worth it.
However, I'm all ears to opinions.

·
Premium Member
4,571 Posts
Definitely yes to Ivan's, NO QUESTION. PCV? Without a dyno tune I would go with the Cobra auto-tune, but sure others will object...

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Definitely yes to Ivan's, NO QUESTION. PCV? Without a dyno tune I would go with the Cobra auto-tune, but sure others will object...
Yeah I read the entire threads on Ivan's ECU last night.
Color me impressed.

When I did the BAK, pipes, and PCIII on my other Warrior back in 2008 I wasn't all that impressed with the 'performance' gains. It backfired a lot and got shitty gas mileage. It did pull hard up high though.

When I read the reviews last night I thought...well there goes another tree fitty.

·
Administrator
27,870 Posts
You can fine-tune the PC-V fuel manager yourself but it takes a lot of time and spark-plug-pulling to get it right. You can go with the Cobra CVT auto-tuner but its not as fine a tune as is possible with a PC-V and a dynotune. But with your intake and exhaust mods you really need a fuel manager no matter which.

The Ivan's is a yes no matter what else.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
There are many who would disagree, but I think that even an exhaust change warrants some kind of fuel manager.

When I got my Warrior, the previous owner didn't know much of anything about it. I found out after posting and reading here, that it had a PCIII. I bit more searching and I found maps and the PC software.

It turned out that I had a map for a stock bike, but had the V&H Big Shots exhaust. Just loading the right map made a big difference in how well it ran. That sold me on the PC. :D

Ivan's reflash is completely separate from other mods. I'm sold on that as well. Smoother off the throttle, snappier on it, well worth it to me.

I say both as well. Ivan's reflash and a PCV would be my choice. Ivan will supply you with a map close to your set up and has said he will support future upgrades with other maps.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OK.

GAWD DOMMIT. You guys are KILLING my checkbook.

I'm confused on Ivan's page.
It says "Power Commander purchases include my maps & specific instructions for your application."

Does that mean I also can purchase my PCV from him as well?
I'm asking because I don't see that option on his site, but he's got a Xmas special going on until tomorrow, so I would need to order soon.

My fiancé is gonna freakin lose it. This bike is gonna have to get me another woman.

·
Administrator
27,870 Posts
I know that feeling. I don't want to cause trouble by my wife got used to it a long time ago. Besides, fiancee's are easy to come by . . . if that helps . . . hahaha JUST KIDDING!

Hope it works out. Buy what's on-sale now and get the other bits in january whe the smoke clears . . .

OK.

GAWD DOMMIT. You guys are KILLING my checkbook.

I'm confused on Ivan's page.
It says "Power Commander purchases include my maps & specific instructions for your application."

Does that mean I also can purchase my PCV from him as well?
I'm asking because I don't see that option on his site, but he's got a Xmas special going on until tomorrow, so I would need to order soon.

My fiancé is gonna freakin lose it. This bike is gonna have to get me another woman.

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
no substitute for a custom tune as evry bike is different evn with the same mods.I ran the first warrior for a year with VBAK,pipes and it was always kinda sluggish until the tune I picked up 3 or 4 hp 8ft lbs torque

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
Strange you didn't notice an improvement with the VBAK.. I remember my first run after I installed it... Had the solo seat and after I wot it, I was sitting on the rear fender and almost lost it.

Popping and bad mileage may have been related to a wrong map.
exactly

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ECU Shipping out today. PCV with Ivan's map will accommodate my updated ECU when it is returned.

Thanks everybody for the input. I'll send you each a portion of the invoice. :)

·
Administrator
27,870 Posts
Vast odds are that Ivan's PCV map to match your mods will dial-it-in closely. It'll probably take awhile before you get anxious to fine-tune because the difference in performance will stun you. Hint: don't let-go of the handlebars and get ready before every launch and prepare earlier for every tight turn until you get the hang of the changes!

ECU Shipping out today. PCV with Ivan's map will accommodate my updated ECU when it is returned.

Thanks everybody for the input. I'll send you each a portion of the invoice. :)

·
Premium Member
1,199 Posts
Thanks and Merry "your thing"! I guess I will have to get the reflash also-it sounds like it is worth it. I have been battling some off idle issues, smoothed out with TB balance and map adjustments, but am always looking for the real deal. Merry X-mas everyone!!

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Vast odds are that Ivan's PCV map to match your mods will dial-it-in closely. It'll probably take awhile before you get anxious to fine-tune because the difference in performance will stun you. Hint: don't let-go of the handlebars and get ready before every launch and prepare earlier for every tight turn until you get the hang of the changes!
yeah I gotta tell you, if it's as impressive as the reviews suggest, I'm looking forward to smoking some of my buddies on their Harleys. Not that I couldn't before on the Warrior, but I'm hoping it'll be embarrassing.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts