RS Warrior Forum banner
41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
[Retired Admin-SuperMod]
31,876 Posts
The commands to get and put map files into pc3 are so simple that they are tricky due to inadequate explanation in the CONTROL CENTER SOFTWARE screens. See the various attachments in the fuel manager section of the Documentation forum. If you use the wrong command then it creates a new zero file. Pita. It's just too old of a technology and the hardware is progressively failing due to age.

·
Registered
2003 Yamaha Road Star Warrior
1,193 Posts
Terrible news, mate! Maybe either there’s something wrong with your PC3 (I was told by a local dyno guy he wouldn’t touch mine too) or the lack of the tach is causing some memory problems (not likely). Perhaps it is time for an upgrade to an auto-tuner like the Cobra so you can knock two birds with one stone.
Mate, honestly I’d prefer to have a tacho lol. Yes I’m a bit peeved ( as opposed to the other P word ). However, I found a message on the phone with regards to a dyno tuner not too far from me. In a perfect world I’d love to have an Ivan done on my ECU, but the expense and time doesn’t permit this to happen. I have contacted a few ECU reflashers here, but they only do crotch rockets. Even after me tell them that this is the daddy of crotch rockets disguised as a cruiser doesn’t seem to matter. So I will call this guy tomorrow and see what he says about dyno tuning. Watch this space.

·
Super Moderator
'05 Midnight
3,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Test ride this morning. I loaded Ivan's map last night. It definitely seems to have helped with the back-fires, but I still had a half dozen during some heavy decel. Luckily, my stock pipe muffled them so well no one would know unless you knew what to listen for.

I do notice that she pulls harder now. So much so that now I definitely need to do the 3-plate mod. I have all the materials so I just need the time now. Will probably be another midnight garage night project.

Still want to do some verification work on this map, though, to ensure I'm running a close enough to right air:fuel mix. Might be a while, though...
Welp, seems like I finally dialed it in! I loaded a Cobra PowrPro Black CVT Tuner and all my woes were solved.

Might have my PC-III up for sale soon. Wanna get some miles in with my PowrPro first just to confirm.

Thank you all for your assistance and guidance along this path. It took longer than expected and I learned a lot along the way.

·
Super Moderator
2004 Yamaha Roadstar Warrior
725 Posts
Welp, seems like I finally dialed it in! I loaded a Cobra PowrPro Black CVT Tuner and all my woes were solved.

Might have my PC-III up for sale soon. Wanna get some miles in with my PowrPro first just to confirm.

Thank you all for your assistance and guidance along this path. It took longer than expected and I learned a lot along the way.

Got my attention. everyone loves a perfectly tuned bike with no deceleration popping/backfiring.
Hard to hook up at all?

·
Super Moderator
'05 Midnight
3,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·

·
Super Moderator
'05 Midnight
3,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
Alrighty, final update on this thread.

I got my Speedstar Gen II reinstalled last night and did my first "test" ride this morning on my way to work.

HOLY HE11!!

I thought it was already really good with my stock exhaust, but the combination of my Speedstar, Ivan's, and Cobra PowrPro Black...

WOW!!!

I am going to need a new seat so I will stop sliding off the back!!

1000% RECOMMEND!!

41 - 52 of 52 Posts