RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks,

Haven't been around much lately but thought I would pop in and say hi.

Also just found out Ivan is doing his yearly flash sale until Christmas Eve, link below then scroll down for Warrior specific flash info..

Ivan's Performance Products

Hope everyone is well!

CC

·
Registered
869 Posts
Anybody who doesn't have this on their bike should do it. It's one of the best and simplest improvements you can make to the bike.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Is Ivans flash better than a cobra tuner, i dont have much other than a DIY VBAK and BUBS pipes and the cobra tuner?

·
Registered
869 Posts
Apples and oranges. The flash makes a lot of changes in the ECU that a tuner cannot.
Go to his website and read or read up here. You already have the cobra tuner? The flash will be a nice addition. The biggest difference you will notice is how the throttle responds on accel and decel. The stock ecu just cuts in and out, with the flash its is more gradual. The result is a smoother transition when getting on or off the throttle and reduction in backfiring and jake-brake.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
19 Posts
Thanks for the heads up!
I have a question regarding the re-flash...it will be the first performance upgrade I've made to the stock bike, and have a solid list of other mods I will make in the next year...according to Ivan's ECU form, it asks for information on several performance pieces that will change in the next year. Should I report what the bike will be upgraded to in the next year, or just the stock items as of now for the re-flash?

·
Registered
13,051 Posts
Thanks for the heads up!
I have a question regarding the re-flash...it will be the first performance upgrade I've made to the stock bike, and have a solid list of other mods I will make in the next year...according to Ivan's ECU form, it asks for information on several performance pieces that will change in the next year. Should I report what the bike will be upgraded to in the next year, or just the stock items as of now for the re-flash?
He tunes it to what you’ve done to the bike. So ultimately that’s the tune you want. You might just want to wait.

·
Administrator
27,916 Posts
The ECU flash is more uniform in that its mostly the same unless you go high compression or turbo / supercharger. Iva 's website describes it well enough you can figure out if its okay to do the ECU now. IMO even on a stock bike this mod is a no-brainer.

Ivan also provides fuel managers and/or map files, and that is where future mods will probably trigger a new map. Ivan can help with those also, or get a local tuner or better yet DIY and you will learn some cool things.

Or get a Cobra auto-tuner (CVT) and mod all you want.

Ahhh. Options are good.

·
Administrator
27,916 Posts
Ivan has developed a turbo and supercharger ECU Flash and also has starter versions for power-commander maps. I think there are a few power commander maps for them in the Dynojet database and maybe one in Frankenstein's stuff around here or on his website (see his profile). Plus if you search here you'll find turbo and supercharger info threads. Hopefully some survive.

How ivans ecu fits with turbo setup? Any problems? Has anyone ever tried?

·
Premium Member
4,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
332 Posts
Sad ...

I contacted Ivan, I want to order an ECU flashing from him, but there were difficulties with shiping it from him. He said he cannot ship the ECU to the address from where he will receive the payment. But I have an address in the USA for shipment to Russia. KyleNV and Churchkey successfully sent goods to me this way.

Maybe the old-timers will tell me a way to solve this puzzle ......

·
Premium Member
2,647 Posts
Sad ...

I contacted Ivan, I want to order an ECU flashing from him, but there were difficulties with shiping it from him. He said he cannot ship the ECU to the address from where he will receive the payment. But I have an address in the USA for shipment to Russia. KyleNV and Churchkey successfully sent goods to me this way.

Maybe the old-timers will tell me a way to solve this puzzle ......
You would have to send your ecu with his order form print out filled out. His assistant will contact you through phone call and ask for payment through credit card. Once paid they will ship the ECU to a U.S. address.
Ivan doesn't like to take payment through paypal. (I have paid this way 2 times but it took longer)

What you may have to do is send your ECU To someone here in the states and send them the money and have them fill out the order form with their address and phone number and when called for payment they can pay for it over the phone with their credit card. When they get the ECU they can then ship it to you.

·
Registered
332 Posts
I do not understand why.
Me too. On his website indicated the possibility of selling in Europe, so such transactions have taken place. I use the same shipping and payment methods. It’s strange. :confused:
So, I guess if you send your ECU to someone you know in the USA and they send it to Ivans, then all you have to do is paypal to your friend who can pay Ivan. Then your friend sends it back to you and you repay his mailing.
Yes, that’s exactly what he told me. The problem is that I don’t know anyone in the USA.
Sending to the USA is not a problem, I sent the brake mount to KyleNV, he received it without any problems. I can pay with a paypal and a mastercard. I'll fill and print the questionnaire of order and attach it to the ECU is not a problem. In the questionnaire there are columns of the payment address and the address for the parcel. But Ivan insists that he can not send outside the United States - not a problem, I have an address in the USA(DE 19804), they can send to Russia. After that, he said that he would not be able to accept payment by paypal, only by mastercard - not a problem, I can pay by mastercard. To compensate for the cost of shipping within the United States is not a problem, I did this in working with KyleNV, paid for the modification in total with shipping within the United States. :confused:

You would have to send your ecu with his order form print out filled out.
No problem.
What you may have to do is send your ECU To someone here in the states and send them the money and have them fill out the order form with their address and phone number and when called for payment they can pay for it over the phone with their credit card. When they get the ECU they can then ship it to you.
Ok, I guess I'm walking around.

Send to USA is not a problem. It is not necessary to send back outside the United States, it is enough to send to the address that I will indicate within the United States. Transferring money is not a problem. To compensate for the costs of sending within the United States, from the host to Ivan and vice versa is not a problem. But I don’t know anyone in the USA. If one of the forum old-timers is ready to help, to spend his time - I will be grateful. I compensate postage.

·
Administrator
27,916 Posts
Well, over the last decade alone I have sent maybe a hundred items to other countries including Russia. I sent so many that I got tagged as a business and the carriers started having to inspect all my packages and of course they never found anything except what I declared on the export documents. But the delays were crazy. And for two years I had to prove to the IRS that I was not profiting. This even killed my ability to manage the give-away events that a bunch of us did over the years. The IRS doesn't ping me anymore. Let me think about this, maybe after the holidays I can help. There are probably others here who can act faster, but these days the USA export documentation to certain countries is crazy and time consuming, and the IRS wants its cut so its not always as easy as it used to be. Today it is usually harder to export from USA than to import. We don't make the rules we just have to suffer them lol. Because you have a USA address and they do the export, let me think about it.

·
Administrator
27,916 Posts
BTW the ECU is classified as an electronic device. You will have to prove it came from you and was returned to you. If it gets hung-up after flash when leaving the USA they will have to go back to Ivan for proof of what is programmed. Probably it will never go that bad. But the electronic devices laws are rough as you might know. I suspect Ivan knows. For things going to certain countries, I found it easier to send the spare parts to Canada where the export laws are reasonable.

·
Premium Member
4,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hey Freeeze, I can do it if you want. Only caveat I would say is I have very little trust in the USPS and would not want to accept liability if they lose your ECU between here and Russia. As far as sending the ECU to Ivan and him sending back to me no worries as I have a business and use Fed Ex. He knows me as well so no issues there either, and I can take either a credit card or PayPal from you. Let me know if interested...

1 - 20 of 29 Posts