RS Warrior Forum banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Well, over the last decade alone I have sent maybe a hundred items to other countries including Russia. I sent so many that I got tagged as a business and the carriers started having to inspect all my packages and of course they never found anything except what I declared on the export documents.
In addition, the duty-free import limit is gradually being reduced in our country, that why many buyers ask sellers to indicate lower(fake) prices when sending. Fortunately, in this case we are talking about a used device.
BTW the ECU is classified as an electronic device. You will have to prove it came from you and was returned to you. If it gets hung-up after flash when leaving the USA they will have to go back to Ivan for proof of what is programmed.
In the practice of an intermediary, whose services I use to send to Russia, I have every right to indicate that I bought just a used device. Specifying firmware no need. And even if Ivan’s sticker is on the ECU, our customs don’t care about it, in out country we just heard about the ecology briefly)))
Hey Freeeze, I can do it if you want. Only caveat I would say is I have very little trust in the USPS and would not want to accept liability if they lose your ECU between here and Russia. As far as sending the ECU to Ivan and him sending back to me no worries as I have a business and use Fed Ex. He knows me as well so no issues there either, and I can take either a credit card or PayPal from you. Let me know if interested...
I will be send from Russia by the “Russian Post”)) Outside of our country, it can transfer to USPS or FedEx or something else, I can’t predict this. But as soon as you receive an ECU, then you can act as you prefer. As I understand it, shipping costs for USPS and FedEx are very close when we are talking about a package weighing about 500 grams. Further, after sending from you to my address in the USA, you don’t have to worry, everything is insured there and before that parcels of very different dimensions and contents arrived.

So, yes, I am interested. Write me your address where to send the ECU. In the meantime, I will ask Ivan for a discount whether he will take into account the New Year's discount if we agree now)))

·
Registered
366 Posts
In the afternoon I sent a parcel to Randy. I went to the post office twice, they did not have packing materials. Found from their stocks. Packed so that after the nuclear war and Godzilla's atack ECU will survive)))

Now waiting. I hope they manage to deliver it before the new year.

·
Premium Member
4,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Hey Peter, got it today. Can you contact me? Check your PM, I sent you my email address...

Thanks!

Randy

·
Registered
366 Posts
First of all I want to thank californiacruiser! He helped to crank out a circuit that does seem sophisticated and intricate, but there was no other way, I wanted to reflash the ECU)))

Randy, thanks for your help!

I hope I haven't added any difficulty to you.

·
Premium Member
4,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
All good dude, glad to help and that you got it!

·
Registered
366 Posts
Today it seemed to me that the bike was new. Or that I forgot it. Or that everything was a long time ago. Or that the motorcycle has become better, newer, fresher, more powerful! Randy, thanks again for provoking me to this experiment!

·
Registered
208 Posts
When I do get my girl back I’m not going to waste any time while my ECU is done. What I’m wondering is if you give this Ivan the config of your bike can you buy an ECU already flashed?.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Gonna cost a bout 600buck only ecu i deen for sale one ebay was 300$ then 350 to get flashed so 700$ is a fair estimate lol good luck

·
Registered
937 Posts
He turned it around to me in a week.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

21 - 39 of 39 Posts