RS Warrior Forum banner

341 - 360 of 383 Posts

·
Registered
4,596 Posts
I don't have Ivan's flash but from all I've read it sounds exactly like my ss, I have the pc3 with a dyno tune and it rocks so I would think the results would be the same with Ivan's flash.

·
Premium Member
3,936 Posts
I don't have Ivan's flash but from all I've read it sounds exactly like my ss, I have the pc3 with a dyno tune and it rocks so I would think the results would be the same with Ivan's flash.
Ivan and a few of us have specifically discussed (and PM'd you) that the speed star ECU and his flash are nothing like each other. Ivan looked at the programing on the SS and said all they did was add 500 rpm and some timing advance. All the factory emissions restrictions and harsh fuel cut is the same.

I just want to make sure that any new readers make this distinction and do the research.

·
Premium Member
367 Posts
haven't been here in awhile, but it sounds like Ivans reflash is alive and well. I did mine ayear or so ago glad to see its still going strong.

·
Premium Member
4,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #348
THIS IS A NO BRAINER. Just sayin...

·
Registered
761 Posts
Got it tuned:cool: this bike 99.5% it has a hiccup right off the bottom of the throttle, but only will do it in traffic it seem to load up a bit:confused: but I'm going to dyno it now this is as close as I can get.;)

but it sure runs sweet :D

Attachments

·
Registered
865 Posts
^It's impossible to read a street driven plug unless it's super fat or super lean.

·
Premium Member
3,936 Posts
If it helps, I just pulled these today from my stock bike...front cylinder to the right, rear to the left.

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Just got my ECU back from Ivan. I only took a short 20 minute ride so far but all I can say is "AWESOME!!!" Engine breaking is still there but waaaay reduced. (definitely had to be on the brakes a lot more now) Gonna take some getting used to but it's nice not having as much "herky / jerky" through the neighborhoods and small towns. Decel sound is totally different from before but that comes from the lack of engine breaking. It seems to me that it screams way better than it used to. More power/acceleration all the way through the RPMs. I'm going to take Friday off and put some miles on and will add additional comments.

To summarize: So far I'd say it's a must!!

·
Registered
787 Posts
me too i want to do this right bad. i think my plan will be next winter, when i pull the battery out for her slumber. hopefully the CAN dollar isn;t too shitty .

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Turnaround time is only the shipping time, in my experience. Ivan received my ECU in the morning, called me for payment, flashed it, sent it back out and sent me an email with the Power Commander map all within a couple hours. I was extremely impressed with his efficiency.
Yes, all shipping time. He sent mine out to me the same day he got it. He emailed me two maps, 'cause I told him I had a VBAK but hadn't installed it yet.

341 - 360 of 383 Posts