RS Warrior Forum banner

361 - 380 of 383 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #361
Best mod there is, and not even expensive. You will not believe it until you do it, but trust me, made so much difference it really is like a different bike. Simply amazing.

·
Registered
787 Posts
its much more expensive for us in CAN, shipping, duty, exchange, etc.
I still think its worth it, but make a big difference.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Has anyone had thier bike on a Dyno since they had the flash done? I put mine on one last night at the local bike night and had a dismal 72 HP, which is 12 HP less then a stock Warrior! Needless to say I was a bit bummed at these numbers, so either something is way wrong with my bike, or thier machine.....my nephews 1200 Sportster ran a 73 and i havn't heard the end of it...lol.
Not sure whether i should contact Ivan to See if he has another tune i can try our just bite the bullet and have it Dyno tuned.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Has anyone had thier bike on a Dyno since they had the flash done? I put mine on one last night at the local bike night and had a dismal 72 HP, which is 12 HP less then a stock Warrior! Needless to say I was a bit bummed at these numbers, so either something is way wrong with my bike, or thier machine.....my nephews 1200 Sportster ran a 73 and i havn't heard the end of it...lol.
Not sure whether i should contact Ivan to See if he has another tune i can try our just bite the bullet and have it Dyno tuned.
I just spoke to Ivan, what a great guy, he is confident that it is not a problem with his flash or map....he wants me to hook my PC5 up to my laptop and call him and he is going to go thru everything with me.
I really think that is going above and beyond.

·
Registered
787 Posts
great guy.... love this about the community.

·
Premium Member
3,513 Posts
To really compare something like this you would need a stock ecu and Ivan's ecu and slap the bike on the rollers with the stock ecu. The swap the ecu out for Ivan's and spin the rollers a few times to compare. That way most of the variables will be eliminated.

Good question none the less.

·
Premium Member
4,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #369
Making fresh batch of popcorn, and channeling my inner BTK... AZ will get it if no one else does.

·
Administrator
28,547 Posts
Seems to me there's a number of members who posted dyno charts before and after. Trouble is the only ones that have a hint of validity are the ones where the member did what Hefty mentions: swap the ECU's while on the same dyno on the same day at the same moment. The only charts like that, I think, are the ones on Ivan's website.

All that said, its not about HP and TQ its about increasing performance range (rpm range) and dumping most of the engine-braking and settling-down the vibrations up-top of the rpm range. It really takes reading every post and every conversation in the two threads: this thread and the Group Buy thread too. You'll get a really solid feel for what the Ivan's touch will do for your bike. Only you can decide if its what you are after right now.

Does anyone have specific before and after HP/Torque numbers?

·
Premium Member
4,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #371
Thumbs up, but not what the dyno folks want to hear.

They want to hear 89.994735162 hp before and 89.994735164 hp after. Similar increase in torque and hyperbolic resonance frequency, dependent on ambient atmospheric pressure relative to sunspot and paranormal developmental alien beings that have fins instead of antlers protruding from orifices of unknown but easily quantifiable origin.

·
Premium Member
774 Posts
Does anyone have specific before and after HP/Torque numbers?
I didn't dyno mine before and after, but I'd believe the numbers posted on Ivan's site. It made a huge difference in power and also driveability like AZ said. I'll repeat myself again, but this is the absolute best purchase you could ever make for your Warrior.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
I doubt the peak numbers changed a whole lot, but I noticed an increase in power where I use it most and better overall rideability. Intentional burnouts were smoother and easier to start. It required a bit more finese to control, I couldn't just get on the throttle and stay on it.

I'd be interested to see some independent back to back comparisons, but not interested enough to fork out the cash for two separate Dyno tunes myself.:D

·
Administrator
28,547 Posts
. . . what he said . . . :)

Thumbs up, but not what the dyno folks want to hear.

They want to hear 89.994735162 hp before and 89.994735164 hp after. Similar increase in torque and hyperbolic resonance frequency, dependent on ambient atmospheric pressure relative to sunspot and paranormal developmental alien beings that have fins instead of antlers protruding from orifices of unknown but easily quantifiable origin.

·
Premium Member
5,658 Posts
Well I am the next one to sip the koo aid as I just gave myself a present for good behavior.
You won't regret it. If your bike runs good, it will run better.:)

361 - 380 of 383 Posts