RS Warrior Forum banner

381 - 383 of 383 Posts

·
Administrator
28,547 Posts
7/30/2020 7:45 am PT (USA)

Adding Information from Ivan:

I spoke with Ivan ~7am PT (USA) this morning asking him about the current thinking with respect to the need for fuel managers on Warriors.

He said on stock bikes and bikes with intake mods and mid-length or longer exhausts, when installing Ivan's Warrior ECU Parameters Flash, a fuel manager does not appear to him to be needed based on his experiences.

He said his Warrior flash is the same as when it was developed. He also said that over time he has found that the Warrior can run fine with the flash and without a fuel manager unless you have a short (dump) exhaust or internal motor mods or turbocharger or supercharger.

He said if you want to dial-in your tune for peak performance then use a fuel manager. Or if your bike simply does not run right.

I promised Ivan I would post here so he could refer callers to this if helpful to him. Plus he might have more to add or clarify in his own words.

Hope this helps. I will add it into the companion thread for the Group Buy.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I'll add my own personal experience to this subject. I don't have alot of experience with modding or tuning bikes, literally this Warrior is the first bike i've done anything other than simple maintenance to. The information on this site is endless and the mods plentiful so I've since completed many of them with success. The only engine "performance" mods I've done so far have been the Ivans Flash and Ivans stock airbox lid with K&N air filter along with Cobra Speedster Swept exhaust. I was under the same impression that a fuel tuner was not needed, and maybe it isn't "needed". However, after doing endless reading and chatting with "Arizona" I decided that I would take the plunge and order the Cobra Powrpro Black Autotuner. I installed the tuner about 5 days ago, which is a very simple install. All I can say is "wow", what a difference it made! Not only are the "throw you off the back of the bike" gains very noticeable, it pulls like crazy in every gear, but it also seems much smoother getting on and off the throttle, less of the herky jerky when trying to maintain a certain speed through town. The other thing that is noticeable is the bike seems to run much cooler, I'm thinking it was pretty lean before and I could really feel the heat from the exhaust on my right leg, not so now. I have no regrets buying the Cobra fuel tuner, as I said previously it may not be "needed", but I can sure tell the difference for the better. (y)

381 - 383 of 383 Posts