RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I must be missing the point coz I'm from the UK but why do most people fit lowering kits to the Warrior? I just can't understand it, I'd understand fitting a jack up kit on to get some more ground clearance but why would you want to pay money to loose cornering potential?

Can you buy a jack up kit?

·
Registered
522 Posts
It's a cultural thing and it applies across the vehicle spectrum. Here, they lower bikes, cars, even perfectly good pick-up trucks (making them pretty worthless for hauling anything). For the Warrior, proponents will argue that lowering enhances handling and aesthetic value. I won't take sides on the issue, but I like mine just the way it came from the dealer.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Looks! and I'm on the short side so with the bike a little lower I can get faster starts. You can tighten the preload on your shock spring which may make the bike sit a little higher with you on it.

·
Premium Member
13,680 Posts
Many of us dislike being able to see over the top of the rear tire and under the fender. Lowering tucks the tire up into the fender a bit more so you don't have that daylight. I don't road race so the slight loss of cornering doesn't bother me at all. This is one of the few cases where I prefer form over function. Other added benefits include lower seat height so those of us with short legs can actually put our feet down without tipping the bike over and a lil more comfortable sitting position. The trade off, for me, was well worth it.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think I'm in another culture ...

Cars: fair enough, reduces body roll and generally improves cornering ability whilst making it more fun to drive.

Bikes: Show that back tyre off! jack it up, oversize the back tyre, move the license plate out of the way, remove all messy plastic ... the classic street fighter look!

·
Registered
3,347 Posts
Just for the looks!
For better times at 1/4 mile runs.
For short riders.
For pass under trailers???
To be near the floor in case of fall down.
I personally don't like the idea.I love tight curves. I'm searching for a 190/55 rear tire for more ground clearance. If you now a site, post for reference.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Thats the great thing about this web site and these bikes, everybody mods their bike to their vision. One thing that we can all appreciate is the blood, sweat, and beers(oh, I mean tears) that go into someones bike!

·
Registered
490 Posts
to those that think by lowering a truck you loose load ability you are wrong i have lowered all my truck and with the new suspention you can normaly haul twice as much. now if you do the back yard lower by cutting springs and bending leafs then yes you will lose you towing ability. just do things right and you have no problem.

·
Premium Member
13,680 Posts
quote:Originally posted by wildone

to those that think by lowering a truck you loose load ability you are wrong ...

You can still carry the weight, but you definetly lose utility. With less ground clearance you aren't going to take that load out to the south 40!!

·
Registered
359 Posts
Its cause they all really wanted Harleys but couldnt afford em <BG> its the only reason i can figure that you would much up the best handling cruiser out there ....and lighten up i was kidding about the harley thing sorta
SMZ

·
Registered
23 Posts
If you stand and look at the warrior all day you might come to the conclusion that the rear needs to be lower. But if you were to sit on it, the look is right on. My warrior has over 5000 miles still bone stock, I don't have any plans to change it. I can still scrap the peg once in a while but wouldn't want to have to worry about scraping it on every corner.

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
Sorry Oly, can't see raising my gals A$$ end. There's already 4+ inches of clearance in there, and I'm not jumpin' her. She looks much better lowered, if not slammed...

·
Registered
173 Posts
I love the feeling of leaning into a corner and you know you're pressing your suspension to it's limits, not to mention the stick of the tires! I love finding back roads with a turn you can hit at 40+mph, lean into it and gas right thru it, never letting of the throttle.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Hey now, I've owned Harleys and will own more in the future! This bike is different. I bought it because I wanted to use it, have fun with it, and yes not pay a fotune for it. Not because I wanted a Harley and could not afford it.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Im with Arthur, The only reason I had in putting the PCS lowering kit in is so I could back the bike up when Im sitting on it.To me its a big deal to have both feet flat on the ground, you long legged person.

·
Registered
5,034 Posts
I rode mine for a year befor I ever saw another Warrior on the road. One of the things that really suprised me was how low the bike actualy looks going down the street bone stock.
I bought it because it was a cruiser with looks and handling. Lowering it would be going backwards.

·
Registered
4,835 Posts
I've had harleys, in my rearview mirror. Lowering looks kewl, but not for me. both feet already touch the ground. didn't realize there were soo many verticle challenged people riding warriors. anyways, I've never seen two warriors that looked the same, we all mod them to our own personal vision which is kewl, just some warriors have shorter vision so they lower them.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts