RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
That sucks. I can't stand seeing people die on motorcycles like that. The only thing that makes it worse is when people talk about how at least he died doing what he loved but at the young age of 24.... that seems so irrelevant and insignificant. That's just way too young to die, period.

·
Registered
727 Posts
I read about thing on RacerX on Sunday. I am so sad that he died. Did you see the video of the crash on youtube? From reports the medical staff were running with him boucing on the back board - WTF?

·
Registered
727 Posts
Marco Polo said:
The only thing that makes it worse is when people talk about how at least he died doing what he loved but at the young age of 24.... that seems so irrelevant and insignificant. That's just way too young to die, period.

We all have to die... I would rather die on my bike doing something I lovethan in some hospital bed with tubes coming out of every opening...

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
Tragic loss to the mx freestyle world. I have alot of respect for those guys. They risk thier life just to put on a show for us. I wonder if it will change the sport at all.

RIP Jeremy

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
CruiseMissile said:
They risk thier life just to put on a show for us. I wonder if it will change the sport at all.

The video I saw didn't show them carry him off but if it was poorly done as suggested above then hopefully they will at least learn from this like the NFL did and introduce steps to get ice on the scene within seconds for spinal injuries and learn to do transports better with less movement. Honestly though, from the video of the actual landing it's amazing to me that he wasn't killed instantly.

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Marco Polo said:
CruiseMissile said:
They risk thier life just to put on a show for us. I wonder if it will change the sport at all.

The video I saw didn't show them carry him off but if it was poorly done as suggested above then hopefully they will at least learn from this like the NFL did and introduce steps to get ice on the scene within seconds for spinal injuries and learn to do transports better with less movement. Honestly though, from the video of the actual landing it's amazing to me that he wasn't killed instantly.
There are other videos on you tube and liveleak showing him on the stretcher getting jolted around.

I agree, he was probably dead(basically) the second his head/neckhit the ground.

I was at an ECHL hockey game last night, and a player got hit into the boards face first. The game was stopped for 20 minutes while the trainer held his neck in place, EMT's arrived and put on a neck brace, strapped him to a backboard in the standing position, lowered him down on a gurney and wheeled him off. He will be fine, but proper protocal was followed. He was not just scooped up and put on a stretcher and bounced around to an ambulance.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts