RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,823 Posts
I am doing several mods this winter and one of is to clean up the left side. I have been looking for dry breaks and came across Jiffy tite connectors at summit racing. Has anyone tried these?
Jiffy-Tite 21506 - Jiffy-Tite 2000 Series Quick-Connect Hose Ends - Overview - SummitRacing.com
I haven't personally used their fitting on my '04' Warrior but have recommended it to others and have used their product for other applications.

IMO, you'll want to use the larger body size, 3000 series with the 3/8" ID hose for the flow requirements of the Warrior.

Here's some specific thereads:
IMO, This is a top notch primo product that will handle anything you can burn in the Warrior and will outlast the bike.

ADDED: Unlike other less expensive fittings the Jiffy-tite is completely rebuildable :)

·
Premium Member
8,823 Posts
AN fittings & hose

welder ... FYI and others to add clearity on these type AN fittings
  • AN is an old Army & Navy spec for threads and hoses etc
    • 4AN hose is 4/16" or 1/4" ID
    • 6AN hose represents 6/16" of an inch ID hose or 3/8"
    • 8AN hose is 8/16" or 1/2" ID

·
Registered
56 Posts
Im in the middle of my vbak, coil and sensor and fuel regulator relocation/ left side cleanup project and just received my colder dry breaks today. Very nice lots of flow. I bought a marine store dry break and could hardly blow through it. Colder part not installed yet but very nice piece.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I am currently using the Jiffy-tite 3000 on my bike and it works and looks fantastic. I would probably use them again if I were to do it over.

·
Registered
955 Posts
I, also, have this drybreak on my bike. I have nothing but good things to say about it. I ordered it in black and it disappears on the bike. The fit is excellant and it appears that it will last forever. I give it a big "Thumbs-up"!

·
Registered
127 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
dry break question

New to the forum and new to the bike.
What exactly does dry break do?? Why are member replacing them do they go bad?
I see drybreak. Post often so I figgure I beter ask.
thanks

·
Registered
13,094 Posts
Warrior25: 07Midnight57 sells black drybreaks -he's a forum member. It makes them practically disappear on the left side. He sells everything you need to swap it out. So that might be a source you would want to check into. Here is his info: http://www.rswarrior.com/forums/52-warrior-parts-accessories/172192-drybreak-black.html

Robert S: There are 2 drybreaks on this bike. A drybreak is a quick disconnect fuel line hose fitting. You have 2 of them: one behind the left side AIS cover (fake scoop) and one right behind the tank -when you take the seat off you'll see a weird looking hose fitting right behind the 2 bolts holding the tank down. Instead of uncoupling your fuel line and having gas go everywhere, you squeeze these and quick-disconnect them. they don't leak any fuel. Thus a "dry break" from the system. Fuel injection systems are pressurized, so the old hose stuck onto a nipple set up won't work. The original 02's -and maybe the 03's had a problem with the one behind the AIS cover going bad. So that's why you see people replacing them. Mine hasn't, and I'm pretty sure it's stock, so I may have to some day... Also, when you pull the tank -and you will :) - when you put it back together shoot a little WD-40 on them and they will slide right into place and snap tightly back together. You have to listen for that distinctive click or you may have a leak later, or your low fuel light may read on all the time -even if you just filled it up- because the fuel goes into a sub tank which is fed by the main tank, and then into your fuel pump. So if the line isn't 100 percent sealed, it will have low fuel line pressure, thus thinking it's low on fuel.

Hope that helps :)

·
Registered
262 Posts
the dry break provides a quick disconect from the fuel lines to the tank you have one on your left side going to the Fuel pressure regulator and one underneath the tank.

We are replacing the one on the left side to clean it up by getting rid of the stock cover and bracket.

hope this helps

·
Registered
505 Posts
Great explanation thanks guys!

So lets say if I was to instal VBAK I would have to remove my tank and disconect the line
then would be good time to replace these right?

·
Registered
13,094 Posts
Personally, I wouldn't replace them until you needed to. You may never have to. The only time you would definitely want to replace left side one is if you remove the cover and do a naked left side mod. As far as doing a VBAK, that's also a good time to do the AIS mod, and remove all that crap behind the cover. You can leave the cover, just remove the AIS plumbing. This will reduce backfiring with aftermarket pipes. Read how to do it in my signature link that says Red Horse mods.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Leaderduece: i am looking at a a similiar route but different. I want the dry break to be seen thats why i am looking at the jiffy-tite. i like midnightd set up but i am looking at steel braided lines and anodized clamps. so it would look nice. but wasnt sure if the out put on the tank was big enough for the 1/2 or if i should just stick to 3/8 line.

·
Vendor
3,448 Posts
Leaderduece: i am looking at a a similiar route but different. I want the dry break to be seen thats why i am looking at the jiffy-tite. i like midnightd set up but i am looking at steel braided lines and anodized clamps. so it would look nice. but wasnt sure if the out put on the tank was big enough for the 1/2 or if i should just stick to 3/8 line.
You can just by my drybreak by itself, not the kit, and install your own braided lines and clamps. This is what it would look like, for example, with black braided line and black anodized clamps. Braided steel line and other clamp colors are available all over the place as you may already know and this is just an example like I said:

Pics of the halves put together:

Not trying to make a sale whatsoever, I just want to make sure our members have info needed to make a good decision. Just posting pictures so that you have something to go by :).

·
Registered
24 Posts
07midnight57 I would be interested in one of these dry break solutions. I have a 2002 model and it started leaking. Let me know how much this costs and thank you.

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
07midnight57 I would be interested in one of these dry break solutions. I have a 2002 model and it started leaking. Let me know how much this costs and thank you.
You're 6 years late to the party lol. There are plenty of alternatives available. A quick forum search should give you ideas and part numbers.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

1 - 17 of 17 Posts