RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just about to start the process of migrating to Australia (Brisbane), can anyone advise on job situation for toolmakers (plastics moulding) ??? cheers Ray

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Hi Ray. Welcome to the down under side of things.

A few on here might be able to help with the job situation (Laurie is a toolmaker working for Holden at the moment) otherwise have a look on the following expat websites (if you havent already looked) Post a few questions on there, and people might be able to help. As already mentioned seek.com is another good site for jobs al over Oz.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=54

http://pomsinoz.com/forum/

I moved over nearly 2 years ago from Holland (i'm a pom, but lived there 20 years) so know what is ahead of you.

Good luck with the migration process. Be patient, cos it can be a long process.

Paul.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Hi Ray,

Lookslike you have the same background as me. I am looking around Melbourne at present at the job situation (my job at Holdens may end in July). The best website I have seen so far is:

www.recruitaustralia.com

I hope this helps.

Laurie

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Many thanks lads, I am a time served Toolmaker in injection and blow moulding, with moulding experience,(will put my hand to anything) so any links like you mentioned is much appreciated.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
ingy said:
Forgot to say, the WARRIOR - WILL be comming with me

we wouldnt have expected any less

have a look at the recent thread about getting a warrior on the road after importing from abroad. It can be done, and is worthwhile, but is not easy.

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
****** said:
ingy said:
Forgot to say, the WARRIOR - WILL be comming with me

we wouldnt have expected any less

have a look at the recent thread about getting a warrior on the road after importing from abroad. It can be done, and is worthwhile, but is not easy.

It may not be as hard as what was first thought now. I am sure Ricardo will update you when he gets the good news.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts