RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I had a little crash on Sunday...

Was riding in Kettle Moraine State Forrest in WIwith 3 other buddies, was having plenty of fun in twisties... but I wasn't familiar with the roads. When coming out of left hand turn the road was going up and down the hill; as soon as I started going down the hill all of the sudden there was quick right hander.... I probably could've carried the bike thru that turn even though speed was 'somewhat' higher then suggested, but there was a piece of plywood on the road. I didn't want to hit that while going into the turn, so I straightened out the bike, hit the brakes on was heading towards the grass.... I thought I had slowed down enogh and I would safely stop on the side of the road. Well, I was wrong - as soon as my front wheel hit the grass, it dug into the ground, threw me off, and the hole bike flipped over the front end.

I was wearing all the protective gear, so I don't have a scratch on me.... But what did hurt me was when the bike flipped over the front end it land on my left foot. Didn't brake any bones, just a swallen and brused up foot - after all all 650 lbs fell on top of it!

In the pictures you'll see a big dent in a tank - that's from my foot! Both mirrors are gone, headlight is broken, scratches in front tach cawl, and bent brake pedal.

P.S. I was thinking of replacing the front headlight with something deifferent - maybe something street-fighter / naked-bike style (FZ1N)? Any ideas, suggestions?

·
Registered
349 Posts
I guess this past weekend was under a bad sign! I just low-sided, yours sounds a lot more exciting! Got some road rash though, on me and the bike. Glad you're ok, couldn't see your pics though.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Glad you ok man.

Kettle Moraine State Forrest is lots of fun & not only for motorcycle but also for mountain bikes.

Good luck.

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
Dude, sorry to hear that. It can happen to anyone at anytime. I'm sure you'll get the damage fixed. Can your insurance pay for the repairs?

·
Registered
3,922 Posts
i did something very similar 4 years ago with a kawasaki ZRX that i "use to have"
i'm glad you werent banged up any worse than you were. my crystal ball see's custom paint in your future

·
Registered
5,214 Posts
Hey sorry you felt it necessary to join us, But really glad you were not hurt any worse than you were! Heal up and fix your baby up by the fest!

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
Like I said on the other forum - glad you came out of it relatively fine. Looking on the bright side, hopefully this will be an opportunity to do more stuff to the bike you wanted to do.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks everyone!

It seems like this was my last ride on this Warrior.... Insurance deemed it a total loss. The cost of replacing all the scretched up parts exceeds the salvage value of the bike... I'm still working with them on the settlement amount...

And what really sucks - in IL if the bike is less then 8 years old, I can not buy it from them for a salvage value. They must take the bike....

Time to look for my next bike - K1200R!

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Oh,man. Sorry to hear that. Can you salvage any of the aftermarket goodies you had installed? Glad to hear you're alright, too!

·
Registered
4,413 Posts
Sorry to hear about your accident. Glad you will still be able to get South next April no matter what you are on!! You could probably find a few takers here that would love to have your 240. Keep us posted on the replacement bike.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
vladens said:
Thanks everyone!

It seems like this was my last ride on this Warrior.... Insurance deemed it a total loss. The cost of replacing all the scretched up parts exceeds the salvage value of the bike... I'm still working with them on the settlement amount...

And what really sucks - in IL if the bike is less then 8 years old, I can not buy it from them for a salvage value. They must take the bike....

Time to look for my next bike - K1200R!

See if someone from out of state can buy the bike, then maybe you can buy it back from them?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts