RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well... I finally a pulled the trigger on my Warrior.

I've had my eyes on this bike for a few years now, while I owned a 1998 V Star 650 Classic with quite a few mods. I thought the V Star would make me happy for a long time but as much as I loved that bike there were things (namely power) that I craved.

So, I landed a s**** new job and convinced the Wife it was Warrior Time! I started my search about 2 months ago, and looked at in the neighborhood of 7 warriors before I bought mine.

First obstacle was do I keep the VStar or Sell/Trade it... I was offered anywhere from 2100-4k for my VStar at various dealers as I searched for my Warrior. Almost pulled the trigger on a new 07 with 4k in trade for my VStar, but held off to search more and boy was I glad that I was patient.

I ended up finding a 2005 Warrior, one owner, with 1600 miles on it at a dealership way up in North GA. Cleaned up the VStar and took her in to trade, they would only give me 2500 for my 1998 VStar with 16k miles (Hard Krome Pipes, Jet Kit, Grannuci Seat, ISO Grips, etc. etc.). The VStar was immaculate, so I knew I could sell it for more. The following Monday at work a good buddy of mine offered me 3k for the VStar and got him up to 3200 and we did the deal. I was at the dealership again 3 days later to buy the Warrior. Two of the 3 days before I could get to the dealership the salesman kept calling saying "I got someone looking at your Warrior, they've been sitting on it for an hour now" to other calls of people looking at her. I told him "Bikes choose their Riders, and that Bike chose Me... I trust in fate, if that's my Bike... She'll be waiting on me on Saturday when I get there to Buy". He was basically trying to get me to put money down on it. I refused... but he was presistant, and I never buckled. She was mine and if it was meant to be she would be waiting on Me on Saturday.

I did the deal that following Saturday, paid 8600.00 for the Warrior with 1602 miles on her, oh and she was Midnight. [/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

I put the 3200 down on her that I got from selling my VStar which made me a little sad, but that feeling of my garage naked with no bike was quickly filled by the bike I have grown to LOVE in the past 3 days. I could not be happier with my purchase. I have yet to see a Midnight Warrior on the streets in Downtown Atlanta where I work so I felt my bike was in it's own way...different. She turns so many heads, and I get so many comments/questions "What kind of Bike is that" to "Man that a Beautiful Bike". I can't wait to take her up to Deals Gap with my Old man and his Harley.

My old man came up to ride it the day I got the bike and he's had his fair share of motorcycles and his first comment when he got back from a lil test drive was "Man, it's Quick Son... Probably the Quickest Bike I've been on in 20+ years" (he has never ridden a crotch rocket but it felt good just the same coming from my Old Man). He also said he's glad he respected it because it almost got away from him the first time he dumped the clutch in 2nd.

I can't be happier with my bike and I'm looking forward to adding some parts and making it my own. First thing I've noticed is that although the squishy rubber on the stock foot pegs is comfy, it's just not wide enough for my foot. So, replacing the stock driver foot pegs will be my first addition. Anyone got any tips on good pegs for this bike... I've sorta have my eye on the Kuryakyn Zombie Pegs but didn't see anyone that posted a review on those pegs for the Warrior on CruiserCustomizing.com of which I'm a member (Renfrocious on that one also). The Kuryakyn Switchblades look nice also for some extra comfort, but again... no body with a warrior seems to have those. I did see that a few have the iso pegs with the spikes by Kuryakyn. Any Advice? I don't want mini boards, that I do know.

Looking forward to being an active member here, and hope some of you guys live close so we can have some Warrior Runs!

·
Registered
3,922 Posts
congrats on your new toy and welcome to the forum. great story about how the dealer tried to pressure you, i have bought and sold more machinces in the past than i care to admit and its always the same routine from the dealers on how "this rig will be gone tomorrow if i dont buy today etc..." so good for you for sticking to your guns on that one. if it was meant to be it would have been and i am glad for you that it was, enjoy it

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
First ride was from Moto 400 (the dealership) to my Crib... hehe (bout 70 miles)

On a serious note, I guess my first big ride will be to the north ga mountains in september w/ my old man, my mom and my wife. The ladies are gonna ride in a car with my son and my old man and i plan to take the scenic route.

I also have a buddy begging me to ride the dragon with him, but I doubt I'll get away to do that before september.

·
Registered
7,695 Posts
Sounds like you got a good deal there mate, many congrats on the midnight & welcome to the club. Now, just don't let your old man on your bike too often or he'll wanna keep it! /emoticons/emotion-5.gif

1 - 15 of 15 Posts