RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi new to the forum and to the worrior 1700,love the bike but recantly started having an issue where after I start bike for the first say 10 minutes of riding it jurkes and poppes right on 3000 rpm, though all gears and after 10 minutes or so after riding gradually dissipates put can still feel a very slight drop in rpm sometimes dead on the 3000 mark, I have checked all dry breaks seem to be fine, tried blocking of the lcv hose lines but that didn't help so re connected, have block off plates on way but don't think that would fix it, only thing can think of is jets maybe but why dead on 3000 and no where else,
Would really appreciate some helpful tips thanks

·
Registered
6,872 Posts
CPS SYMPTOMS
CRANK POSITION SENSOR .....

Check the steering neck for punch Mark's
For recall repairs....

Also look at CPS wire and look for a white dot..
That'll let u knw if it's been replaced

But also they can still go bad..

Do a forum search for CPS
And you'll find alot of information on it

Sent from my SM-A102U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
CPS SYMPTOMS
CRANK POSITION SENSOR .....

Check the steering neck for punch Mark's
For recall repairs....

Also look at CPS wire and look for a white dot..
That'll let u knw if it's been replaced

But also they can still go bad..

Do a forum search for CPS
And you'll find alot of information on it

OK thanks bud, will check that out

·
Registered
6,872 Posts
The only way to check it that I knw of is to pull the Clutch Cover off , and inspect CPS unit...

The wires at brake off n cause the symptoms you describe

·
Premium Member
3,740 Posts
Op you mention "jets" but this machine the Warrior 1700 is fuel injected so no jets to change.
Maybe give us a little background on the bike?
What mods does it have?
How long have you had it?
Maybe some pictures of it?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Going to check the cps see if that's the issue as seems common through out forum, Thought might be issue with jets lol or the injectures as is feels like fuel is being blocked when it jurkes at 3000 rpm only thing I have done so far is few cosmetic bits, put new air cleaner on, pulled baffles out but was making my Mrs deff lol so put back in for now, waiting on block of kit, then going to do clean up on dry break side after, then lower by inch, had bike for few couple months now, she runs well after about 15 min of riding but sucks waiting to give her some good throttle lol

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Op you mention "jets" but this machine the Warrior 1700 is fuel injected so no jets to change.
What mods does it have?
What mods does it have?
Added more info bud and pics, thanks

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
3000 rpm miss fire is a common CPS failure issue but there may be another cause.
Check @ the bottom rear of the clutch cover the CPS wires exit the cover @ that point. What you looking for is a taped splice, it is common practice for a hack dealership mechanic to simply twist the wires together & tape them. If you find the hack repair slide shrink sleeve over the wires, solder the connections & cover with the shrink sleeve. Road test.

If you need a new CPS I have 1 (one) left over still in the original unopened Yamaha package, PM if you need it.

Reactions: arizonawarrior

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
3000 rpm miss fire is a common CPS failure issue but there may be another cause.
Check @ the bottom rear of the clutch cover the CPS wires exit the cover @ that point. What you looking for is a taped splice, it is common practice for a hack dealership mechanic to simply twist the wires together & tape them. If you find the hack repair slide shrink sleeve over the wires, solder the connections & cover with the shrink sleeve. Road test.

If you need a new CPS I have 1 (one) left over still in the original unopened Yamaha package, PM if you need it.
Thanks I will check that too, hope its that as sounds like easy fix, if need new cps will pm, nice one

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
OK I finally got time to take crank case off and checked the cps wires, everything seems to be fine no breaks, there was quite abit of oil in there but think that's normal, will take her for ride tomorrow see if any change if not any other ideas on what it could be? Thanks

·
Registered
5,715 Posts
Best thing to do is contact Yamaha directly and provide them your vin, they will be able to look in their database and see if any of the recalls were done. Sometimes they stamp the vin with a dot or something like that when the work is done. Unless there's physical damage you won't be able to tell if the cps is bad or not. Also check for loose battery cables.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
OK
Best thing to do is contact Yamaha directly and provide them your vin, they will be able to look in their database and see if any of the recalls were done. Sometimes they stamp the vin with a dot or something like that when the work is done. Unless there's physical damage you won't be able to tell if the cps is bad or not. Also check for loose battery cables.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
OK will do thanks bud

·
Registered
6,872 Posts
When mine was doing that
I pulled Crankcase cover off and everything looked good., but I still swapped out
CPS unit for new one .

And no issues after

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
OK everyone took her for ride today felt allot smother changing gear and the popping and jurking has completely gone, not sure what I did really just got rid of all the excess oil and white pinky milky stuff cleaned put back together and it seems to have gone, will keep close eye on it see how it goes also sent email regarding recalls just incase cps is on its way out, thamkjs again foir the info guys

·
Administrator
28,821 Posts
The white milky stuff is just motor oil with normal condensation in it. That evaporates as the motor oil gets hot. Perfectly normal. It means you need to ride longer.

If you don't already know, have a look at the Yamaha video in the Welcome Mat forum for special steps needed to check oil level in this semi-dry-sump motor.

Also please check the Yamaha recall documents for pics showing the CPS issue so you know what you are looking at. That makes you more aware. Then I agree you need to get the VIN off the steering neck (documents are sometimes wrong) and call Yamaha or a dealer to ask if any recalls need to be done.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts