RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My warrior is a xv1700pc was there a recall on this type? or are they all the same and everyone has the recall. If it has been recalled and the service has not been done will yamaha still fix the problem?

·
Registered
4,527 Posts
All 02's were recalled, weather yours was done or not, I have no idea as it was up to the owner to take it in and go through the BS involved. I'm sure Yamaha's still fixing it

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Welcome to the 4um. If the recall was not done for the tranny, this is a great time to mod with the Roadie 5th gear and HC pistons since labor will be free. Don't forget to also check on the tank recall, the rubber at the tie down bolt has to be upgraded or the tank will crack.

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
quote:Originally posted by Rokel

My warrior is a xv1700pc was there a recall on this type? or are they all the same and everyone has the recall. If it has been recalled and the service has not been done will yamaha still fix the problem?

Theyre all xv1700's (that's the model number for the warrior).

Dave

·
Registered
4,527 Posts
Yeah, there is supposed to be a mark but there's bikes with the recall done and no mark
quote:Originally posted by Lawman

Isn't there supposed to be mark next to the VIN indicating whether or notthe recall has been done?

·
Registered
6,075 Posts
Congrats, I got my '02 last Sept, and the recall hadn't been done yet. I still haven't done it, as I haven't saved up enough $$$ for the mods I want to do while it's having the work done... free labor is great, and in this case, costly.

·
Registered
11,588 Posts
Call this number and ask yamaha 800 962-7926 push 1 for star motorcycles and it goes right to a person.. Its all 2002 and 2003 Warriors.

Yamaha had the recall because it is dangerous to ride the bike. The rear wheel could lock up and cause you to crash. Riding as some do with out the recall is just another risk but mind you this. BIG BAD yamaha didn't spend millions on the recall for nothing.. Just my 2 cents

·
Registered
207 Posts
why we are talking recall. I have a 02 that only I have owned so I know the recall was not done yet. Problem is the dealer I purchased the bike from originally went out of business. I went to most of the local dealers a few months after the recall was originally issued and tried to get it done. They all told me they could not do it, some bull about that Yamaha only is sending the recall kits in the exact quantity the dealer sold, no extras. I figure this is untrue but anyway the question is when I do decide,if ever, to get the recall done for the possible free labor on some desireable upgrades how do I go about getting a dealer to do it for me? I thought I should be able to go to any Yamaha dealer and have this taken care of. Is that true? Other issue is not knowing which one to go to in my area. Do not trust most dealers in reguards to quality of work so any recommendation in the North Nj or Northeast Pa area would be great.Want to get the 5th gear upgrade and HC Pistons and if anyone in my area knows a dealer that was willing to do the swap with no hassle any info you guys could give me would be appreciated. Been thinking about this for a while so some answers would definitely make me feel better. sorry for the long post

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
NJ, that is BS... you should be able to get that service, especially the recall, done anywhere. The recall is a safety issue!

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
NJ--Yup, don't believe what these guys are saying. I bought mine from a guy in Murrietta California, shipped it out to Colorado and my local dealer did a great job for me. I hope you find someone on this site who has had good luck with a dealer close to you. And get it done soon even though 'only' a couple of Warriors have gone down.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
nj, geturdone man. you are seriously taking your life in your own hands. like they said before this is a safety issue. i had my name on the list for months and i was leaving for vegas in mid-may. never got it done till the first week of july. my whole trip i worried about the rear end locking up and me crashing. find a reputable dealer close by and get it fixed. while your at it get the roadie 5th gear and maybe the h/c pistons. my dealer put my pistons in for free

·
Registered
735 Posts
quote:Originally posted by ohiomike

Call this number and ask yamaha 800 962-7926 push 1 for star motorcycles and it goes right to a person.. Its all 2002 and 2003 Warriors.

Yamaha had the recall because it is dangerous to ride the bike. The rear wheel could lock up and cause you to crash. Riding as some do with out the recall is just another risk but mind you this. BIG BAD yamaha didn't spend millions on the recall for nothing.. Just my 2 cents

Thanks for letting me know about this. Called today and they informed me right away the recall was completed. There is no mark on my bike to indicate completed. Nothing like "piece of mind" when you're popping up into 5th passing 100mph!! [/emoticons/emotion-4.gif][/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

1 - 18 of 18 Posts