RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I just bought a leftover 05 Midnight Warrior that i will be taking delivery of tomorrow. I was planning to buy an M109r for the last year and saw this Warrior last week and fell in love with it. Also, the 109 just felt very awkward when I sat on it (I'm 5'10, 200 lbs). This will be my second bike. I am 22 and my last bike was a Katana 600 about 2 years ago. Will this bike be very hard for me to get used to coming from a sport(I know... Kat's arent true sports bikes) bike to this huge cruiser?

·
Premium Member
1,088 Posts
you will find it almost impossible to control the big a$$ smile on your face, otherwise, the only other problem will be keeping the beautiful girls from wanting to ride with you, it is a real problem, but you will get used to it.

midnight IS the fastest color, congrats!!!

don't forget to make sure the kickstand is down, there seems to be a rash of tipped over bikes this week.

·
Vendor
7,301 Posts
+1 on the kickstand tip. Almost dropped mine this morning maneuvering it around the garage. Not fun trying to heave the beast back upright from a 60 dgree lean angle hovering an inch above concrete from the wrong side of the bike.

Anyway, Congrats on the new ride. Welcome to the forum and welcome into the uber fabulous Midnight Club!

·
Registered
310 Posts
Hey Jonmer, I made the transfer from sport to cruiser with the Warrior as well. While this is more like my 8th bike, my last being a 900RR, you will not have a problem. The best part is this thing handles like no other in it's class, IMHO. If it were not for the Warrior I would not own a cruiser.

·
Registered
571 Posts
I also switched from a sport bike(04 r6) to a warrior and I have no regrets. These bikes handle excellent and the low end torque is a lot more fun around town. Congrats on the new bike.

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Welcome and congrats on a great bike. Feet forward will probably be the only thing that will feel funny but that will quickly go away. Ride safe.

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
Jonmer85,

The 05' Midnight Warriors are the best, fastest and meanest Warriors of them ALL. Best of ALL, you're now a member of the most exclusive Club there is "The Midnight Warriors Club".

Anyway welcome to the forums and to the dark side...

MIDNIGHT WARRIORS RULE!

Mark aka Mad Man

·
Registered
228 Posts
Welcome! You will like the Midnight. Just bought a new 06 in March. I also have a 99 R*. You won't have any problem switching over to the Warrior. It is going to be down on power some compared to the Katana, but it handles more like a sport bike compared to most cruisers. Ride safe, and enjoy!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts