RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I go to pick it up in Ohio this weekend, I'd like opinions on the extended warranty. Is it worth it? Is it a hassle to get things fixed under warranty, etc. Thanks in advance.

Dave

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Welcome to the club. I bought mine used without warranty so I don't have the experience your looking for. I've had two recalls done without a hitch and of course no cost. I have had no other trouble other than a battery. My Warrior has been a solid and dependable bike.

·
Registered
7,924 Posts
Welcome to the 4m. As for the extended warranty, it depends on how much risk you want to take. I personally think it is not worth it. As already stated these bike are very dependable.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Well.......
Sometimes I wonder !!! lol
I bought the ectended warranty w/ mine, but I am not so sure that was a good idea.
It will end up being a GREAT choice if I ever need it, but by the sound of things her on the 4M, I may never need it.
Welcome to the 4M, good luck w/ the "MOD Bug" and ride safe !!!

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
Dukeboy88,

Welcome to the forums and once you get your Midnight...Welcome to the most exclusive club there is...The Midnight Club!

As for the extended warranty...I'm not a BIG fan of warranties. My wife is though...She gets warranties on everything that she can and sometimes it pays for itself. But most of the time it's just a waste of money...I never had any problem with my Warrior that were major and where a warranty would have been good to have. It's really up to you though...I guess it's peace of mind...Read the fine print though...

Good luck with your new ride...And remember to stay to the dark side...[/emoticons/emotion-5.gif][/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

MIDNIGHT WARRIORS RULE!!

Mark aka Mad Man

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
I am glad to hear that you are thinking of getting the warrior. I got the extended warranty with mine. 5 years for $1000.00. my bike is a 06 with 12,500 miles on it now and have not needed it yet but thought at the time it would be a good to have since it is my daily commuter. You can wheel and deal on the warranty. My brother in law got his for around $550.00. Dont know for how many year though. Hope this is helpful.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Welcome to the forum! I say negative on the warranty. It seems to be a rip off. Besides everyone on this site can diagnose and fix your bike before getting it into a shop.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts