RS Warrior Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It already has a few mods (PWCIII, chrome wheels,big air kit, new handlebars/grips,)to it. I would like to add the following: 240 tire/swing arm kit, license plate relocation to the side, integrated turn signals into rear brake light, different exhaust (has a Barons pipe currently) I like the look of the sweeper type pipes, possible sissy bar for the wife. Could you guys provide some suggestions on this stuff, where to buy, what brand, how much it costs, any other recommendations, etc? Any help would be appreciated. Cant wait to ride it? Also anything i should look for? Where there any recalls for the 2004 warriors? I believe so but need to check. How long does a typical rear tire last in mileage? The bike has 3,800 miles currently. Thanks!!!!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Re: Just bought an 04 warrior on ebay, cant wait to get it - few questions/need advice

recall info here

Congrats on the new warrior, and welcome to the greatest forum around

Post a link to the ebay listing so we can go and see it!

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Re: Just bought an 04 warrior on ebay, cant wait to get it - few questions/need advice

Neo said:
How long does a typical rear tire last in mileage?
Tire wear is a reflection of use and brand, some here see only 3k, others like myself get 10K. Based on the comments I have seen in the past Avon tires, (Storms?), have had the longest life with some people reporting still having meaty treads past 11K.

·
Premium Member
1,847 Posts

Congrats on your purchase, welcome to forums.
For recalls, the best is to call Yamaha USA and give them your VIN. They will tell you if there are any outstanding recalls.

Be careful, before you decide to mod something on your bike... you might find something else that looks better.

There is a lot of information on the forums, just take your time and read anything. If you still have questions, you are welcome to ask us. I would start with this thread, it should keep you busy for at least one week.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts

Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new Warrior. I bet you're like a kid on Christmas eve right about now, and with good reason!

I agree with Teck completely. The best way to find out if your recalls have been done is to just run your VIN with Yamaha directly or your local dealer. There is a ton of info here concerning everything you asked and you'll be VERY hard pressed to come up with a question that hasn't already been covered so get familiar with the search feature but if you can't find exactly what you're after by all means ask. And I have to again second Teck's suggestion to take your time and make sure you're getting exactly the right thing for you when buying accessories or doing mods because there's not much more frustrating then spending several hundred or thousands on something to discover you could have bought better for less had you only read more.

Ride safe and have fun!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts