RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Came back from a ride and inspected the bike as I always do and found two oil drops on my drive way. Looked at where it was coming from, and the oil was leaking from the rear oil drain plug. WTF? Why and how did it start doing this for? I losened up the bolt and slowly tightned it back up. Why did it start leaking all of sudden?

·
Registered
10,143 Posts
fake said:
Came back from a ride and inspected the bike as I always do and found two oil drops on my drive way. Looked at where it was coming from, and the oil was leaking from the rear oil drain plug. WTF? Why and how did it start doing this for? I losened up the bolt and slowly tightned it back up. Why did it start leaking all of sudden?
Oops, my bad... I meant to click on my "Warrior" bookmark but it seems I accidentally clicked on my "Harley" bookmark. Or... did I ? *evil laugh*

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LOL

I told my wife if I wanted to spend this kind of money on a bike that leaks, I would have bought a harley.

But seriously, the bolt was tight, so why was it leaking and why all of sudden did it start leaking?

·
Registered
7,926 Posts
When did you last change the oil? There may have been a drop or three around the drain hole that just vibrated to form a drip. I can't explain why it leaked, but many if not all manuals suggest you change the crush washer with every oil change.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It was more than a few drops. The oil had blown onto my rear swing arm. Not much, but there was oil on there.

I don't beleive I have a crush washer on it right now; don't beleive there ever was one on there. So if there is no cruch washer, why did the oil let lose now? Is it because I switched to full Amsoil synthetic? I've always heard that when you switch to synthetic, if there are any weak areas, the synthetic oil will find its way out of those weak areas.

·
Administrator
29,700 Posts
The oil couldn't be coming from your gearbox vent hose could it?

I know, I know, I don't want to open a can of worms - I'm just asking.

Sometimes if you run a vent hose down low but still above the swingarm maybe you're getting oil that way?

I haven't changed my crush washer, it doesn't leak. Same thing with most cars. I'm not sure how else to be helpful.

·
Registered
94 Posts
the synthetic is thinner then dino oil so maybe without the washer a little bit is leaking by the threads I would put a new washer on and see if it does the trick

·
Premium Member
1,214 Posts
reminds me of a joke i once read dealing with a 4m, HD, and a suspected cheating wife

But if synthetic oil would cause leks - why would anyone change?

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Just another Harley wanna be. JK!
There are two kinds of Harleys, onesthat leak oil and the others that will eventually leak oil. NO JOKE!

·
Super Moderator
5,781 Posts
If you over fill it with oil and run any distance at 70 or just high speeds, the vent hose will blow oil and run down to the bottom of the bike and spill the oil all over everything.My friends bike did it and it looked like it was coming out the drain plug. Recheck your oil level next time you ride and see if it is at the top of the dip stick. If it is you have too much oil in it and it will do this until it gets low enough to not do it. Or you need a new crush washer. Just my .02 cents worth. Good luck.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts