RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to plan trips is tough so time came and the wife and i just jumped on the bike thursday morning and crossed the border no where planned but we were riding south the weeks weather was hot so it was time to do it.Went down the San Juan islands to Coopeville and jumped on the ferry for the Olympic Pennisula and Port Townsend great old fishing town. The roads all over the islands are nice and twisty and the odd small town sprinked in to stop and wet the whistle[/emoticons/emotion-5.gif]

Insert Image:

72.08 KBSo then we followed the west side of the Hood Canal(hwy 101) freshly paved and winding all the way down to Shelton. Took some back roads all the way to the coast and came out at Astoria and crossed the bridge into Oregon just as the sun was going down. We stayed in Seaside great little town and excellent long sandy beach

Insert Image:

34.01 KBThe whole Oregon coast is amazing hwy 101 is great and there is roads that let you cut inland for a bit then reconnect

Insert Image:

69.67 KBI think our fav was Cannon beach or Manazanelo ? There still the way they should be

Insert Image:

37.08 KBWe made it all the way down to Linclon City and stayd there a couple nites traveled around less the luggage [/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]Man when your packing for 2 thats a lot of gear but **** the warrior is great traveling on. I know its not the best looking out there but i'm out there and i stil passed many of them other guys(hardlys)[/emoticons/emotion-4.gif]On the way back we stopped in Everett and seen Shane (ikaikawarrior)and victoria and had a nice dinner

Insert Image:

40.31KBIn all 1540 kms in 4 full days Its was a great trip and next year we will see you in Tahoe for sure

Insert Image:

84.99 KB

·
Registered
4,573 Posts
Many times the 'spur of the moment' trips are the best. Go where the road leads you. Nice pics.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
My parents live in the San Juan islands, in the Puget Sound. If you are ever back there, check out a little port town called Anacortes on Fidalgo Island. Great places to eat and visit, lots of scenic overlooks, etc...

Thanks for sharing.

chris.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Thanks for the trip down memory lane! I was stationed in Bremerton from '91-'95, I hit all of those places. Check out the Hoh Rain Forest sometime.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts