RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was in the local bike store yesterday with a buddy and saw a 05 midnight warrior for sale. immediately fell in love with the bike. my past bikes were an 06 ninja zx-6, 04 honda 919, and a 06 triumph speed triple.

the dealer is asking for $10,400 (they are way over priced, i know). what's a fair price for both the dealer and me?

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Welcome to the forum. It's not a bad price if is still new. If the dealer won't budge you can get him to add some mods. Pipes would be the first one to ask for.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
oops, i guess i supposed i forgot to describe the vitals. the bike is an used '05 model with about 6,000 miles. overall it looks very clean. i'm not sure what a stock midnight looks like so i cannot comment on mods, but based on a couple of photos i looked up online, the bike looks like stock.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Unless it has some mods I think it's a bit pricy. I picked up my stock 06 with only 7 miles on it for 10.5 k.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
noted. thanks for the heads up. i've just been reading up on the forum here...lotsa of info! i'm thinking of getting rid of the 919 and picking up a warrior. what are some pros and cons of the bike. i've never been on a cruizer before. how will they ride compare to sport/naked sports?

·
Registered
747 Posts
i wouldn't pay that much for a used '05 with 6k on it. I would be looking more like $8000 - $9000. Especially if there aren't any mods (pipes being a big one). Heck, you could get an older year with less than 10K for probably $6500 - $7500 if you are willing to travel or have it shipped.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
You guys all have to remember that Midnights command a certain "presence" and hence are worth 2-3k more than standard bikes. In addition they actually go faster, too.

Haggle him down mate. Sounds a bit pricey unless there's a load of mods done to it.

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Timing is the key! I got my new 06 back in October for $10,700.00 OTD and my brother in law found a new 05 with 0 miles I think back in January which he picked up for $10,300.00. Good deals our out there if you keep an eye out.

·
Administrator
29,003 Posts
Welcome aboard! For that price buy new. Use negotiating skills and rebates. The midnight is $12,500 MSRP and there's $1,000 off right now. And that's without even breaking a sweat. The '08's come out in about what maybe two months. Find a new one in a dealer near you and just have a look. It doesn't hurt to try talking them down.

http://www.starmotorcycles.com/star/products/modelhome/505/0/home.aspx

[/emoticons/emotion-5.gif]

quote:Originally posted by sy0296

i was in the local bike store yesterday with a buddy and saw a 05 midnight warrior for sale. immediately fell in love with the bike. my past bikes were an 06 ninja zx-6, 04 honda 919, and a 06 triumph speed triple.

the dealer is asking for $10,400 (they are way over priced, i know). what's a fair price for both the dealer and me?

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thanks for the help guys. the more i read about the bike the more i want to get one. is there a FAQ page on the differences between the model years? i wouldn't mind saving a few grand and picking up a '03 or '04 vs. a '05 or newer if there are not signifigant difference. i'll be modding the **** out of it anyways

what are some good sites to visit for warrior parts/accessories?

for your reference, this is the over priced bike:
http://bertsmegamall.com/megastore/show.php?id=152&page=2&category=Motorcycle&make=Yamaha&model=&srt=make%20ASC&p=10&submit=Search

$8500 seems like a fair price eh?

·
Registered
160 Posts
When I'm not sure of the current values of something, I pull up the e-bay passed/closed auctions. It kinda gives perspective on prices considering demand etc.. $10.4k for 5000 miles seems high to me.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
well, seems like i'll be joining the ranks of y'all soon. found a real clean '02 for a great price. gonna drop by and check out the bike this weekend. again, anyone know the difference the model years?

·
Premium Member
2,916 Posts
Purchased my 03 Warrior in December with 5560 miles, a Corbin Rumble Seat, Patrick Racing BAK, and Samson Short Slasher Exhaust for $7400.
Bike was in very good condition.

Keep looking. You'll find one. Let us know what you do.

·
Registered
395 Posts
my blackcherry 05 cost me more than 12.5 but i had extra's put on by the stealer oops! I meant dealer and of course the blackcherry was well worth it. If I had to get rid of my bike or my girlfriend! well lets just say I'd be riddin alone.

·
Registered
341 Posts
welcome! If you are sure you want 2 get on a warrior, b patient. U will b able to find a better deal than that. I have seen 06 new between 9600 - 10k. no miles

1 - 20 of 25 Posts